BY KATIE PACELY
Public Relations Specialist, Goodwill
WARSAW — Goodwill’s Warsaw Community Career Center will host several free events in September to offer job seekers education opportunities and employment resources.
The month begins with College Days on Sept. 1 and 2 featuring guest speakers from Ivy Tech, Trine University, Early Childhood Alliance and Indiana Tech.
Several workshops are available throughout the month providing computer training as well as assistance with resume preparation and interview skills. One-on-one Resume Building, Interview Coaching and Basic Computer Courses are also available by appointment.
Home Helpers will conduct a hiring event at the Career Center from 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. Sept. 8 for positions in Warsaw and several surrounding cities.
Multiple employers and Elwood Staffing will participate in a Job Fair from 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Sept. 30. Maple Leaf, Cardinal Services and Safeway and Patrick Industries will be available to conduct interviews with applicants.
They will be seeking individuals for a variety of positions in various fields, including: production, personal care, case management, light industrial, clerical, technical, shipping, installation, customer service, fiber glass and manufacturing.
- Ivy Tech – 10:30 a.m. Sept. 1
- Trine University – 2 p.m. Sept. 1
- Early Childhood Alliance – 11 a.m. Sept. 2
- Indiana Tech – 2 p.m. Sept. 2
- Microsoft Word – 10-11 a.m. Sept. 3, 10, 25
- Computer Typing Class – 10-11 a.m. Sept. 7
- Coping with Workplace Issues – 2:30-3:30 p.m. Sept. 14
- Email Setup and Basic Skills – 10-11 a.m. Sept. 16
- Windows Computer Basics – 10-11 a.m. Sept. 22
- Resume / Interview Skills – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sept. 29
- Home Helpers – 9/8 from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Multiple Employers – 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sept. 30