WARSAW — The trial of Brandon Thomas Woody on the charge of murder was scheduled to begin Monday, Aug. 17. That date has been cancelled.
Woody, 24, has been charged in the killing of Joshua R. Knisley, 19, and Tara Thornburg, 23, at a home at 203 E. Main St., Syracuse, on Feb. 19. He has been incarcerated in the county jail since his arrest later that day.
A motion to cancel the trial was filed and granted in mid-June when defense counsel for Woody stated discovery had not yet been completed. Since that time pre-trial conferences have been held.
A change of venue request was filed in March. Arguments by the state and defense have been filed with the court, but no decision has been issued on if the trial will take place in another county.
At this time another pre-trial conference has been scheduled for Sept. 21. These conferences are held in the chambers of the judge.
Woody is one of five individuals charged in connection with the murder. Also charged in the murder are Kyle David DeHart, Joan DeHart, Ashlyn Nicole Shepard and Thomas Glen Hursey. Kyle Dehart and Hursey, along with Woody, remain in the Kosciusko County Jail on no bond.
Additionally charges in other cases against Woody and DeHart have been put on hold. It is speculated action on other cases will not take place until the murder charges are resolved.
Pre-trial conferences have taken place with additional pre-trial conferences set for all other individuals charged in the case.
- Woody Set For Five-Day Trial In August
- Alibi Defense Filed In Murder Case
- Woody Requests Change of Venue
- Woody Has Bond Revoked On 2009 Case
- Woody Requests Bond Reduction
- Woody Has Initial Hearing This Morning
- Why Woody Was Out On The Street
- Kyle DeHart Now Charged In Syracuse Murders
- New Information Released On Syracuse Shooting
- Syracuse Shooting Victim Remembered As Big Hearted
- Neighbor Remarks On Syracuse Shooting
- Syracuse Shooting Suspect Now In Custody
- One Dead, One Critical Following Shooting In Syracuse
- Double Shooting In Syracuse