Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation held their monthly school board meeting Monday evening at 6 p.m. at the Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation administration office in Akron.
The meeting covered a variety of topics including the approval of new personnel, new extra-curricular assignments, resignation of personnel, approval of a grant, approval for new agreement with Warsaw Area Career Center, lunch prices and an updated staff handbook.
Tippy Valley High School Faculty and Staff Handbook was introduced. The handbook is newly updated and presented to the school board for initial consideration. Approval of the handbook will be discussed at the next school board meeting.
The school board unaminously approved two items on the agenda. The first item approved was the renewal of a two-year agreement with the Warsaw Area Career Center. According to Superintendent Brett Boggs, the contract will remain mostly the same as prior years, with students from TVHS offered the ability to enroll in career pathways at the WACC.
The second item approved was a $15,000 grant from the DEKKO foundation. The grant will go toward the school corporation’s professional learning community initiative. The corporation attends a PLC conference every summer, alternating between administrative staff and teachers being sent to the conference. School board member, Blaine Conley said,”Fifteen thousand dollars will go a long way.” A total of 15 staff members will attend the conference this summer with the grant covering the training for nearly 30 teachers next summer.
The following personnel were approved for hire:
- Erin Eastgate, mathematics teacher, TVHS
- Emma Coppes, special education teacher, TVHS
- Chelsea Hoffman, special education teacher, TVMS
- Samantha Leav, mathematics teacher, TVMS
- Shelly Yarian, ECA treasurer, TVHS
- Seth Fincher, instructional assistant, TVHS
The following were approved for extra-curricular assignments:
- Kyler Kearby, head wrestling coach, TVHS
- Scott Smith, assistant wrestling coach, TVHS
- Linzi Ousley, seventh grade volleyball coach, TVMS
- Katherine Scott, seventh and eighth grade cheer coach, TVMS
The following personnel were approved resignation:
- Breydon Allen, social studies teach, TVMS
- Chanda Terwiske, second grade teacher, Mentone Elementary
- Brittany Julian, instructional assistant, Little Vikings Preschool
- Scott Smith, head wrestling coach, TVHS and TVMS
- Mike Inglehearn, track coach, TVMS
- Jeffrey Sprunger, assistant football coach, TVHS
- Tippy Valley School Board honored the following retirees: Diane Sheetz, guidance secretary, TVHS. Sheetz was employed with the school corporation for 28 years. And Jan Mills, art teacher, at TVHS.
- School lunch prices will be raised 10 cents for the upcoming school year.
- The sale of a strip of land near Mentone Elementary was approved by the board.