A five-day jury trial has been set to start at 8:30 a.m. Aug. 17 in Kosciusko County Circuit Court against Brandon T. Woody.
A pre-trial conference was held Monday afternoon in the chambers of Judge Michael Reed, at which time the court set the date for the trial. No date has been set to hear the request by Woody’s attorney for a change of venue.
The next pretrial conference is set for 3 p.m. June 8, which will also be held in the judge’s chambers.
Woody, 23, 605 W. North St., Syracuse, has been incarcerated in the Kosciusko County Jail since his arrest on Feb. 19, for the early morning shooting that day of Joshua R. Knisley, 19, and Tara Thornburg, 23, at a home at 203 E. Main St., Syracuse.
Woody is one of five individuals charged in connection with the murder. Also charged in the murder are Kyle David DeHart; Joan DeHart, Ashlyn Nicole Shepard and Thomas Glen Hursey. Kyle Dehart and Hursey, along with Woody, remain in the Kosciusko County Jail on no bond.
DeHart was scheduled for a pre-trial conference on Friday, May 24, but a request to move that conference to 3 p.m. May 18 was approved and will be held telephonically
Hursey will have a pre-trial conference at 3 p.m. May 18.
Joan DeHart had a pre-trial conference on May 11, but no further proceedings were noted.
Shepherd will have a pre-trial set on June 8.
- Alibi Defense Filed In Murder Case
- Woody Requests Change of Venue
- Woody Has Bond Revoked On 2009 Case
- Woody Requests Bond Reduction
- Woody Has Initial Hearing This Morning
- Why Woody Was Out On The Street
- Kyle DeHart Now Charged In Syracuse Murders
- New Information Released On Syracuse Shooting
- Syracuse Shooting Victim Remembered As Big Hearted
- Neighbor Remarks On Syracuse Shooting
- Syracuse Shooting Suspect Now In Custody
- One Dead, One Critical Following Shooting In Syracuse
- Double Shooting In Syracuse