Contracts with entertainment for the Warsaw Parks and Recreation Department’s Central Park Concert Series were approved Friday by the Warsaw Board of Public Works & Safety. During other business three bids on three new police vehicles were tabled and taken under advisement.
Hoosier Highway’s contract was for $1,200 for the Friday, May 22, performance. The contract for Alligator Blackbird was for $900. The group will perform on Friday, June 12. Cari Ray will be performing on Friday, June 19, with a $700 contract approval. Kansas will be the headliner for the classic rock concert on Friday, June 26. Their contract was approved for $27,500. The Friday, July 31, entertainment will be Slim Gypsy Baggage whose contract was approved for $900. An $850 contract with The Bigger Picture was approved for the Friday, Aug. 14, performance.
An additional contract was approved with Brian Fravel/Pro Audio Services to provide back line services for the Country Concert Performance on July 24, as part of the rider in the contract with Made in America musicians, Wade Hayes, Bryan White and Mark Wills. This contract was for $1,500.
Three bids on three new police vehicles were taken under advisement by commission members. The bids were: Lakeside Chevrolet, $91,747 with a $6,000 trade-in; Kelly Chevrolet, $88,365 with $5,500 trade in and McCormick Motors, $94,056.96 with a $6,500 trade in allowance.
During other business the board:
- Accepted a Kosciusko County Community Foundation Grant in the amount of $7,128 for a two-tier trailer for a dive boat and $1,400 for a side scan sonar unit. Another grant will be sought to purchase a dive boat.
- Approved the purchase of a Canon Color MFP Copier from Sands Office Equipment Service Inc., at $4,558.47 for the department of public works.
- Signed an agreement with Ace Pest Control for extermination services at $55 per month.
- Accepted a memorandum of understanding with Ergo Resource Management for spill prevention, control and counter measure plan for the public works department per regulations with the Environmental Protection Agency and Indiana Department of Emergency Management. The cost is $3,800 plus project expenses not to exceed 15 percent.
- Approved the Pre-Treatment Enforcement Procedure Guide as required by law. This document will be given to industries on the permitted procedures should there be a violation.
- Gave approval to the clerk/treasurer’s office to pay Warsaw Chrysler $29,992 upon delivery of a 2015 Ram 2500 truck for the wastewater treatment utility department.
- Approved a contract with A& Z Engineering, LLC, of $20,041.25 for the Husky Trail Right of Way Services
- Signed an agreement with Troyer Group for design services for Mariners Drive, a cost of $51,545 for reconstruction design and bid documents on the project. It is anticipated bids will be let yet this year.
- Approved an updated contract with VS Engineering for phase 2 of the Market Street Engineering, involving Indiana Department of Transportation. The contract included the starting and stopping locations of the project including a 10-foot multi-use trail and a change in bid letting dates. The contract is for $253,200.
Board of works members also approved the new hire/change in payroll for Kerry J. Phillips as a maintenance technician; and William Phillips, a maintenance technician, both with the wastewater treatment utilities.
Travel expenses for five members of the police department to attend schooling and three members of the WWTU for certification and conference, were also approved.