The Eagles Theatre will once again present its Thursday Night Comedy and Blues Series beginning in 2015. Each performance takes place on Thursday nights at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $40 for the series (total of 4 performances each), $12 advance single, or $15 day of show. Tickets go on sale Tues., Nov. 25. Corporate sponsorship for the Comedy Series is provided by Bucheri McCarty and Metz LLP and Pizza King of Wabash. Rhoads Window Shop is corporate sponsor for the Blues Series.
Thursday Night Comedy includes the following performances:
- Reno Collier – 7:30 p.m. Thurs., Jan. 8, 2015. Reno Collier is a stand-up comedian who gained celebrity as the opening act for Larry the Cable Guy and with his own Comedy Central Presents special.
- Karen Mills – 7:30 p.m. Thurs., March 5, 2015. Karen Mills has been in the humor business for 21 years. As a stand-up comic, Karen has toured clubs, colleges and theaters across the country and she can be heard daily on Sirius/XM Laugh USA, Blue Collar Radio, IHeart Radio and Pandora.
- John Branyan – 7:30 p.m. Thurs., April 2, 2015. John Branyan is a Christian comedian who specializes in family-oriented material. He is an improv player with Think Tank and has participated in Jay Leno’s National Comedy Competition.
- Michael Palascak – 7:30 p.m. Thurs., April 23, 2015. A former resident of Wabash, Michael Palascak has performed on The Late Show with David Letterman, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. He also has performed at Caesar’s Palace in The Comedy Festival in Las Vegas and was the winner of HBO’s Lucky 21 Stand-up Contest.
The Blues Series includes the following performances:
- The Beki Brindle Band – 7:30 p.m. Thurs., Jan. 22, 2015. Beki Brindle was inducted into The New York Blues Hall of Fame on June 1, 2014, along with her drummer, Vito Luizzi in 1997. Her accomplishments are many including guitarist for Warner/Reprise’s “Grace Pool” and lead guitarist with James Burton during the 90s when both played with Jerry Lee Lewis.
- Nick Harless – 7:30 p.m. Thurs., Feb. 12, 2015. Nick Harless could quickly fall into the category with other famous blues guitarists such as Jimi Hendrix, BB King, Guitar Slim, and others, including the late great legendary Stevie Ray Vaughn.
- Boscoe France Band – 7:30 p.m. Thurs., Feb. 19, 2015. Boscoe France became the 2012 winner of Guitar Center’s Battle Of The Blues competition in Los Angeles. Out of over four thousand competitors nationwide, Boscoe came out on top.
- Duke Tumatoe & the Power Trio – 7:30 p.m. Thurs., May 21, 2015. Chicago-born Duke Tumatoe is a musician/showman who has retained a firm career by fusing gritty R&B, rock, blues, and funk injected with equal parts humor and gut-level sincerity.
For more than 100 years, the Eagles Theatre has been Wabash’s local motion picture theater. Watching movies at Eagles has been a part of our community’s social fabric for generations. For more information on upcoming shows, please call (260) 563-1102.