At a ceremony held at the Kosciusko County Courthouse on Tuesday, Dec. 16, the elected officials who will serve the county in 2015 were sworn in.
The ceremony started with a welcome by Kosciusko County Commissioner Ron Truex. Veteran Service Officer Rich Maron offered the invocation, and County Treasurer Sue Ann Mitchell said the pledge. Before Judge Michael Reed administered the oaths, Deputy Clerk of the Courts Kelly Moorman certified the election result.
Among those sworn in were incoming Kosciusko County Sheriff Aaron Rovenstine, County Prosecutor Daniel H. Hampton, County Auditor Michelle L. Puckett, County Assessor Susan D. Engleberth, and County recorder Joetta L. Mitchell.
Three judges were sworn in. Those were David C. Cates, Superior Court I, Torrey J. Bauer, Superior Court II, and Joe V. Sutton, Superior Court III.
Kosciusko County Council renewed four of its members. Doug Heinisch, District I, James R. Moyer, District II, Bradley J. Tandy, District III, and Jon L. Garber, District IV, were all sworn in. County Commissioner Robert M. Conley, Southern District, was all sworn in for another term.
Additionally, the following township trustees were sworn in:
- Helen I. Brown, Clay Township
- Gary L. Sponseller, Etna Township
- Trillia K. Gearhart, Franklin Township
- Tracy L. Moyer, Harrison Township
- Gwendolyn L. Ostrom, Jackson Township
- Beth A Krull, Jefferson Township
- Molly E. Bradford, Lake Township
- Joshua J. Spangle, Monroe Township
- Jerry D. Kammerer, Plain Township
- Julia A. Goon, Prairie Township
- Fred A. Slabaugh, Scott Township
- Aime A. Hoffman, Seward Township
- Steven P. Ward, Tippecanoe Township
- Barbara Griffith, Turkey Creek Township
- Rebecca Alles, Van Buren Township
- Dean E. Rhoades, Washington Township
- Sheila K. Burner, Wayne Township
After all the oaths were administered and Maron offered the benediction, a reception was held in honor of both the newly elected officials and those leaving the office.