The structure was reportedly near a residence, and a neighbor was trying to extinguish the fire with a hose.
According to a Pierceton Fire Department official at the scene, the shed turned out to be a dog house. The fire was reportedly started by a heat lamp inside the doghouse. Flames had spread to the house and melted some of the siding.
PFD stated that the neighbor spraying the fire with the garden hose contained the fire. No injuries were reported. At time of posting, the fire was under control.