By CAPT. JAMES L. BRADBERRY
Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department
Elkhart County Sheriff’s Detectives are continuing to investigate the death of a 58-year-old female who was found deceased inside of her home earlier this morning.
At approximately 6:17 a.m. fire department personnel responded to a house fire at a residence located at 28962 Kehres St., Elkhart. While responders were on-scene, 58-year-old Connie L. Morris was found deceased inside of the residence.
Sheriff’s detectives are working with the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s office, a division of Homeland Security, to assist in determining the cause of the fire and working with the Elkhart County Coroner’s Office. The coronor’s office has determined the cause of death was due to the toxic effects of carbon monoxide from smoke inhalation.
Early findings have revealed that the fire was accidental and originated in the garage.