North Webster Fire Department responded at 11:54 p.m. Thursday to what was initially called in as a residential fire with entrapment at 6605 N. Second Trail.
North Webster Fire Battalion Chief Chris Francis reports when firefighters arrived they discovered all occupants were out of the residence. The fire, caused by an individual falling asleep with a lit cigarette, was quickly extinguished.
Frances stated the lit cigarette had fallen onto a pile of clothing next to the bed and caught fire. The clothing was removed from the residence and the home ventilated.
There was minimal damage to carpet under the clothing and embers caused damage to a small area of a couch as the clothes were being taken outside the residence.
Damage has been estimated up to $600.
Initial: North Webster Fire Department responded to a house fire at 6605 N. Second Trail.
More information will be provided when it becomes available.