The state of Indiana has permitted a slow-moving, oversize, overweight load to traverse state highways with police escort during five nights beginning on or after 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 6.
The approximately 185-mile route will begin at S.R. 249/George Nelson Drive near the Port of Indiana – Burns Harbor and follow US 12, SR 49, US 6, US 421, US 30, SR 9 and SR 124 to the Ohio State Line.
Indiana Department of Transportation urges motorists avoid these routes on the nights detailed below.
Short term closures of cross streets will be needed as the truck moves through the area. Law enforcement also may block all directions of traffic where the oversize load may need to use the opposing side of the road to navigate certain intersections or interchanges.
- Tuesday, Nov. 6: SR 249 south to US 12 east to S.R. 49 south to US 6 east to U.S. 421 south to U.S. 30 east. Load will stop on US 30 just east of US 35.
- Wednesday, Nov. 7: US 30 east and over ramps at US 31 to continue on US 30 east.
- Thursday, Nov. 8: US 30 east to SR 9 south.
- Friday, Nov. 9: SR 9 south to SR 124 east.
- Saturday, Nov. 10: SR 124 east to the Ohio State Line.