By PHIL SMITH
Web Development Specialist,
Otis R. Bowen Center for Human Services
The Bowen Center and Affiliated Service Providers of Indiana are teaming up to provide a place for people with questions regarding the Affordable Care Act to receive much-needed answers.
Healthcare Marketplace, designed to provide information and enrollment assistance, will be held between Nov. 17 and Dec. 15 in each of the 10 counties in which Bowen Center operates.
“It’s open enrollment time right now and our goal is to give the community the opportunity to get help enrolling in health care or to provide a place where their questions can be answered,” said Nicole Cavanaugh, director of business operations at the Bowen Center and one of the events navigators. “They can make changes to their existing coverage as well. Insurance coverage is important to people because it gives them the resources to get necessary preventative care and ongoing medical treatment. The Bowen Center is involved because we recognize the importance of a person’s overall health.”
Each marketplace will operate from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and participants are asked to bring their user name and password, if they have already registered on healthcare.gov; social security numbers or documents numbers for legal immigrants; birth dates, pay stubs, W-2 forms or wage and tax statements; policy numbers for any current health coverage and health insurance information for participants and dependents available through employers.
Healthcare Marketplace will be held in the following locations:
- Noble County – Nov. 17, Albion Bowen Center, 101 E. Park Drive, Albion
- Kosciusko County — Nov. 19, Enchanted Hills, 9799 E. Excalibur Place, Cromwell
Dec. 15, Warsaw Bowen Center Outpatient Office, 850 N. Harrison St., Warsaw
- Wabash County — Nov. 24, Wabash Bowen Center, 255 N. Miami St., Wabash
- LaGrange County — Dec. 3, LaGrange Bowen Center, 836 N. Detroit St., LaGrange
- Huntington County —Dec. 4, Huntington Bowen Center, 2860 Northpark Avenue, Huntington
- Whitley County — Dec. 5, Columbia City Bowen Center, 119 W. Market St., Columbia City
- Marshall County — Dec. 8, Plymouth Bowen Center, 990 Illinois St., Plymouth
- Steuben County — Dec. 10, Angola Bowen Center, 200 Hoosier Drive, Angola
- DeKalb County — Dec. 11, Auburn Bowen Center, 923 Cardinal Court, Auburn
- Allen County — Dec. 12, Fort Wayne Bowen Center, 2100 Goshen Road, Fort Wayne