By CAPTAIN JOHN PERRY
Jail Commander, Elkhart County Sheriff Department
The Elkhart County Correctional facility announced today that it is ready resume inmate visitation after the installation of a new video visitation system was completed.
Featuring options to visit remotely or on-site with an inmate, visitors will be required to register and be approved to visit with an inmate.
Beginning on Thursday, Oct. 30, visitation will begin again and on-site visitation will be available during the following times and days: 4:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Below are instructions for on-site, remote and remote attorney visits.
1) A person needs to register and be approved to visit an inmate. This is as simple as filling out the registration form online or in the lobby and getting a log-in and password. The person needs to go to http:\\securustech.net in order to do that online.
2) The person will then need to set a visitation appointment either on-line or at the facility. All appointments need to be set 24 hours prior to the visit.
3) There will be no need to use the inmate’s last name in order to know his approved visit day. All four days are approved for all inmates by appointment.
4) When the appointment is scheduled, the visitor needs to report to the jail and be at the assigned booth number at the start time.
5) Officers will no longer assign booths or call inmates for the visit.
6) The visitation system in the wards will show the inmate all scheduled visits for the day. It is their responsibility to be there.
Remote (off-site or home) visits:
1) You must have registered just as required above in order to complete a remote visit.
2) The remote visit requires a device with a camera and microphone in order to visit remotely. Most new computers meet this requirement.
3) The visit is scheduled just as above.
4) The inmate and visitor will need to be present at the scheduled time for the visit to occur.
5) Remote visits are charged a fee of $20 for 20 minutes of visitation time. There will be an introductory rate for remote visits for the first 90 days. This price is $5 for a 20 minute visit.
Remote Attorney visits:
1) Attorneys access the system to have a conference with their client in the same manner as listed in the regular remote visit.
2) These visits are not monitored or recorded.