By JAIME FAULKNER
Communications Manager and Marketing, Mutual Bank
MutualBank is pleased to announce the winners of the BetterLife Award, as part of the 125th Anniversary Celebration.
Saturday, Oct. 18, MutualBank hosted the BetterLife Awards Celebration in Warsaw at Grace College.
Over 300 people were in attendance including nominators of the BetterLife award, nominee finalists of the BetterLife Award, MutualBank employees and Board of Directors. All 125 finalists of the BetterLife Award were recognized and the top 17 winners were announced.
The winners were determined through online voting over the course of 2 1/2 weeks.
The winners are listed below:
Bronze Winners received $250 for the charity of their choice
• Helen Elliot from the Delaware, Randolph and surrounding counties
• Connie Rose from Grant, Wabash and surrounding counties
• Karilyn Metcalf from Elkhart, Kosciusko and surrounding counties
• Sally Hamburg from St. Joseph and surrounding counties
Silver Winners received $500 for the charity of their choice
• Elizabeth Helms from the Delaware, Randolph and surrounding counties
• Brenda Volmer from Grant, Wabash and surrounding counties
• Mary Russell from Elkhart, Kosciusko and surrounding counties
• Kim Dalton from St. Joseph and surrounding counties
Gold Winners received $1,250 for the charity of their choice
• Brenda Williamson from the Delaware, Randolph and surrounding counties
• Mark Fauser from Grant, Wabash and surrounding counties
• Mary Jane Hiles from Elkhart, Kosciusko and surrounding counties
• Nancy Young from St. Joseph and surrounding counties
Platinum Winners received $5,000 for the charity of their choice
• Audrea Cox from the Delaware, Randolph and surrounding counties
• Matt Dillon from Grant, Wabash and surrounding counties
• Mary Ann Cox from Elkhart, Kosciusko and surrounding counties
• Sandra Boldt from St. Joseph and surrounding counties
The Grand Prize winner of the MutualBank BetterLife Award was Lyndsey Estep from Selma, Indiana. Estep receives $12,500 to donate to a charity of her choice. Estep received a standing ovation as she accepted the BetterLife Award.
She said to the group in attendance Saturday, “I am honored to receive this award and I’m very happy to be able to help others.”
Estep is carefully considering the organizations and causes she is passionate about but has not yet determined who will be the recipient of the donation.
After the event, one guest said, “It was so refreshing to hear the good that is happening in our communities. So often all we hear is the bad. I’m walking away this evening inspired to continue spreading good.”
MutualBank wants to acknowledge all nominees of the BetterLife Award. You can view all of the nominee stories at www.mutual125.com. There, you can also learn more about MutualBank and the 125th Anniversary Celebration.
MutualFirst Financial, Inc. is the parent company of MutualBank, an Indiana-based financial institution. The company has thirty full-service retail financial centers in Delaware, Elkhart, Grant, Kosciusko, Randolph, St. Joseph and Wabash Counties in Indiana.
MutualBank also has two offices located in Carmel and Crawfordsville, Indiana specializing in wealth management and trust services and a loan origination office in New Buffalo, Michigan.
MutualBank is a leading mortgage lender in each of the market areas it serves, and provides a full range of financial services including business banking, wealth management, trust services, investments and internet banking services.
The Company’s stock is traded on the NASDAQ National Market under the symbol “MFSF” and can be found on the internet at www.bankwithmutual.com.