Silver Lake Fire Department was called to 3026 W. Myrtle Glen Road at approximately 10:50 p.m. Saturday evening for a possible house fire.
Silver Lake Assistant Fire Chief John Conley reports the fire was caused by a fault connection in the wall resulting in a stud catching fire.
The home owners were asleep and awoke to the smell of smoke. Upon discovering where the smoke was coming from, the home owner, Mike Weller ran outside grabbed his garden hose and knocked the fire down. No one was injured.
The home owners were checked out by LifeMed EMS.
The damage was to the exterior of the house with minimal smoke and water damage inside. Water damage inside was due to firefighter tracking water in from the rain. The damaged area was covered by Protechs. Damage was estimated up to $1,500.
Silver Lake Fire Department has been called to a house fire in the 3000 block of West Myrtle Glen Road.
More information will be posted when it becomes available.