Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department
Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Saturday, July 19, 8:45 a.m. Laura Reese reported a theft of her purse from a vehicle in the 3700 block of West Old Rd. 30, Warsaw.
- Friday, July 18, 2:16 p.m. Janet Wright of Claypool reported the theft and unauthorized cashing of a check.
- Friday, July 18. Pizza King in Silver Lake had a burglary by forcible entry. The theft of money was reported.
Warsaw Police Department
Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Sunday, July 20, 3:23 a.m. Officers investigated a suspicious vehicle in the 800 block of East Winona Avenue. Ryan Mathew Kelly, 20, of Fort Wayne, was arrested on preliminary charges of illegal consumption of alcohol, possession of paraphernalia, glue sniffing and public intoxication.
- Saturday, July 19, 7:25 p.m. Mitchell Dawson reported criminal mischief in the 700 block of West Center Street. A mattress and other items reported seized from an apartment and placed outside were set on fire by a male subject. Michael Flory was named as a suspect.
- Saturday, July 19, 6:58 p.m. Trash was set on fire in the 600 block of East Market Street. The fire also caught a nearby garage on fire resulting in approximately $1,000 in damages. Michael Flory was also named a suspect in that fire.
- Saturday, July 19, 4:19 p.m. A male subject, suspected to be Michael Flory, was seen in the 700 block of East Center Street lighting a trash can on fire. The fire was contained to the trash can.
- Saturday, July 19, 2:36 p.m. Officers were called to the Deluxe Inn in 2500 block of East Center Street, where a male subject was allegedly threatening patrons. Charlie Shepherd was medically cleared by Kosciusko Community Hospital and booked in the jail for public intoxication.
- Saturday, July 19, 5:08 p.m. 3300 block of Lake City Highway, east of Old Road 30. Christopher M. Booth of Syracuse was arrested on a warrant.