The following is a list of Fourth of July weekend fireworks displays and special events.
- Friday, July 4 – 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. the Fireman’s breakfast will take place
- Friday, July 4 – 6:45 to 7:45 a.m. the 5K walk/run registration will begin at Akron Elementary school with the race beginning at 8 a.m.
- Friday, July 4 – 9 a.m. Flat raising will be held by the Boy Scouts at the Henry Township Fire Station
- Friday, July 4 – 9 a.m. A three-on-three basketball tournament will be held at Pike Memorial Park. Cost is $40 and divisions will be organized on ages of 11 years and under; 13 years and under; 15 years and under; high school age; and open. You may play up a division but not lower. Double elimination tournament to be held for boys and girls. Teams consist of three or four players (three starters and one alternate).
- Friday, July 4 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. A book sale will be held at Akron Carnegie Public Library
- Friday, July 4 – 9 a.m. Parade line-up will begin on SR 19 and Front Street
- Friday, July 4 – 11 a.m. The parade will start off at Pine Street and Rochester Street
- Friday, July 4 – 1 p.m. A volleyball tourney will take place at Pike Memorial Park
- Friday, July 4 – 1 p.m. The Lilly Pearl Tractor Square Dance will be held behind Day Hardware
- Friday, July 4 – 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Bounce house, jousting and bungee run will be at Pike Memorial Park
- Friday, July 4 – 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Quentin Flagg-Elvis Impersonator will be at Pike Memorial Park
- Friday, July 4 – 10 p.m. Fireworks at Pike Memorial Park
- Saturday, July 5, All Star tourney Pike Memorial Park
- Saturday, July 5 – 8 a.m. Softball tourney diamond behind Good-To-Go
- Saturday, July 5 – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Akron Carnegie Public Library Book Sale
- Saturday, July 5 – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Young Entrepreneur at Uptown Park sponsored by Lake City Bank
- Saturday, July 5 – 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. Art Exhibit at Akron Community Center
- Saturday, July 5 – 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Bounce house, jousting and bungee run at Pike Memorial Park
- Saturday, July 5 – 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Pig races and petting zoo at Pike Memorial Park
- Saturday, July 5 – 3 p.m. Kiddie tractor pull at Pike Memorial Park
- Saturday, July 5 – 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Car show at rural street north of the Community Center. Registration at 4 p.m. Top 25 receive awards. Door prizes given. Cost of registration $10.
- Saturday, July 5 – 7 p.m. Johnny & Sally band performs
- Saturday, July 5 – 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. Pancake breakfast
- Saturday, July 5 – 1 p.m. Annual flotilla
- Saturday, July 5 – Dusk. Fireworks will be launched over the lake.
- Saturday, July 5 – 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Lake Tippecanoe Property Owners Flotilla. The 2014 theme is Tippy A Go-Go. Decorated boats will parade around Lake Tippecanoe after launching at Patona Bay Resort on the west side of the lake.
- Saturday, July 5 – 10 p.m. LTPO Fireworks over Lake Tippecanoe.
Friday, July 4
- Friday, July 4 – 8 a.m. – Big Cup Tournament at McCormick Creek Golf Course
- Friday, July 4 – 8 a.m. – Junior Olympics sponsored by Rotary
- Friday, July 4 – 9 a.m. – Youth Triathlon, preregistration required at city building or city pool by June 27, free.
- Friday, July 4 – 11 a.m. – Parade
- Friday, July 4 – Noon to 3 p.m. – Karaoke on entertainment stage
- Friday, July 4 – Noon to 6 p.m. Free swim at city pool
- Friday, July 4 – Noon to 8 p.m. – Bounce house, $1 per bounce
- Friday, July 4 – 1 p.m. – Water ball, sponsored by Nappanee Fire Department
- Friday, July 4 – 2 p.m. – Tailgate Toss, register at stage from noon to 2:45 p.m.
- Friday, July 4 – 3 p.m. – Talent show, register at stage from noon to 2:45 p.m.
- Friday, July 4 – 4 p.m. – Digital Scavenger Hunt, register at tinyurl.com/Register2Hunt
- Friday, July 4 – 4:30 p.m. – Alex Roa, live music
- Friday, July 4 – 6 p.m. – Brock and Shaun, live music
- Friday, July 4 – 8 p.m. – High Five, live music
- Friday, July 4 – 10 p.m. Fireworks at Stauffer Park
- Friday, July 4 – 7:30 p.m. JP Freeman’s 4th and Walnut cover band Manchester University campus.
- Friday, July 4 – 10 p.m. Fireworks at Manchester University campus.
- Friday, July 4 – 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Music in the Park, North Webster. Performance by Old Man’s Band “OMB.” Bring your friends and your lawn chairs or blankets at the North Webster Town Park.
- Saturday, July 5 – 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Webster Ski Bees free ski show. At North Webster Town Park.
- Saturday, July 5 – 9 p.m. to 10:45 p.m. Dixie Boat Fireworks Cruise. Get the best seats on the lake to watch North Webster’s fireworks display aboard Indiana’s oldest sternwheeler tour boat. Board the boat at 9 p.m. at North Webster’s Town Park, cruise departs at 9:15 p.m. with on board patriotic music. Concessions available. Seats are limited, sales start at 9 a.m. Friday, July 4, and end when sold out.
- Saturday, July 5 – 10 p.m. Fireworks over Webster Lake. Rain date is Sunday, July 6
- Friday, July 4 – Dusk. Fireworks at Fulton County Airport. Rain date Saturday, July 5.
- Friday, July 4 – Syracuse Lions Annual Fish Fry and Silent Auction will be held from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Syracuse Community Center, 1013 N. Long Dr.
- Friday, July 4 – 10 p.m. Fireworks over Syracuse Lake. The Lake Area Community Band will perform at dusk at Lakeside Park.
- Lake Area Community Band will perform a free concert at Lakeside Park, Syracuse, 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 4.
- Wawasee Area Conservancy Foundation will host Talk & Eats at 9 a.m. Saturday, July 5, at WACF Education Center, 11586 SR 13, Syracuse.
- Celebrate Syracuse Parade, 10 a.m., Saturday, July 5, uptown. Parade begins at Harrison Street and East Main and turns south on SR 13 to Henry Ward Park, Medusa Street. Local individuals, businesses and organization are welcome to enter for free. Arrive at the Syracuse Community Center, 1013 N. Main St. by 10:15 a.m. Parade is sponsored by the Syracuse-Wawasee Chamber of Commerce.
- Turkey Creek Fire Territory will have its annual chicken and pork chop, corn on the cob barbecue from 10 a.m., Saturday, July 5, until sold out, fire station one, 404 N. Huntington St. (SR 13), Syracuse. Carry-out.
- Saturday, July 5 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Wawasee Flotilla celebrates its 53rd parade. This year’s theme is “Get Your Game On” where floats and homes on the lake can decorate boats and piers to celebrate. Watch decorated boats parade around the shores of Lake Wawasee. Boats gather in front of the Wawasee Spink at 1 p.m. with the parade beginning at 1:30 p.m., moving clockwise around the lake.
- Dewart Lake Flotilla 1:45 p.m., July 5, from state boat launch.
- Saturday, July 5 – 10 p.m. Fireworks over Lake Wawasee
- Friday, July 4 – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Lakeside Chevrolet Red, White & Blue Classic Car and Bike Show. Located at Lakeside Chevrolet, SR 15 North, Warsaw, rain or shine come out for the show, a corn hole tournament, 50/50 drawing, music, barbecue and more.
Friday, July 4 – 10 a.m. – all day. Battle of the Bands at the Kosciusko County Community Fairgrounds. Admission $5. Concessions and a beer tent available. The fairgrounds will open the grandstands at 7 pm to the public to view the Fourth of July fireworks, which follow.
- Friday, July 4 – 10 p.m. Fireworks over Winona Lake
- Saturday, July 5 – 10 p.m. Fireworks over Chapman Lake
Sunday, July 6 – 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Lake City Skiers water ski show team performs on Hidden Lake, located at SR 15 and U.S. 30. Throughout the summer performances are on most Sunday and Tuesday evenings. The shows are free to the public.
- Sunday, July 6 – 4 p.m. Kick-off parade for the Kosciusko County Community Fair. The fair runs through Saturday, July 12.
- Friday, July 4 – Fourth of July parade steps off at 6 p.m. with the theme “Salute to Our Heroes.” There will also be free activities for the kids from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and a deejay will spin a variety of music on the main stage from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 4 – 8:30 p.m. at the Hillside Amphitheatre, Park Avenue. Winona Lake Master Works Festival Orchestra presents an outdoor patriotic Pops Concert with the Philharmonic Orchestra. Free admission. Time and Location subject to change due to weather. Alternate location: Rodeheaver Auditorium
- Friday, July 4 – 10 p.m. Fireworks over Winona Lake
- Saturday, July 5 – Firecracker 5K registration starts at 7 a.m. with the race following at 8 a.m.