Silver Lake Days kicks of this Friday. Below is the schedule of events during the festival:
FRIDAY, JUNE 20
- 8 a.m. Garage sales will begin in town and the lake areas.
- 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. The car show will be held in the downtown area on SR 14 East as well as the Echoes of the Past tractor/equipment display. To display your equipment call 727-808-4394.
- 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. The ice cream social will begin at the “Old” Fire Station in downtown Silver Lake.
- 6 p.m. The Roann Renegades, a dance group, will be performing in front of judge’s stand.
- 9 p.m. Karaoke with Chris Cage will be held in the downtown area. Bring your lawn chair.
SATURDAY, JUNE 21
- 8 a.m. Garage sales begin in town and the lakes areas.
- 10:15 a.m. Manchester Civic Band will be playing in the downtown area prior to the parade. Free popcorn will be provided by Lake City Bank prior to and after parade.
- 11 a.m. The Festival Parade will begin and the theme is the “Roaring Twenties”. Lineup will begin at 9:30 a.m. on SR 14 east. Cutie King and Queen judging will immediately follow the parade downtown. Parade awards will be presented at the judge’s stand downtown.
- 12 p.m. Lunch will be served and will be a hog roast at the “Old” Fire Station. Face painting will be offered by Kruger Doodles in front of the bank until 2 p.m. The Echoes of the Past tractor/equipment display will continue and the Kosciusko County Fire Association “Save-A-Life Trailer” will be available at the conservation building.
- 1 p.m. A corn hole tournament will be held in the downtown area. For information call 260-352-2025. In addition, the “Fireman’s Water Ball Tourney” will be held on Elm Street after the parade and will be double elimination.
- 6 p.m. A “bed race” will be held on Main Street with a first prize of $200. A minimum of six beds are needed to have this even. For information call 260-352-2120.
- 7 p.m. Lion’s Bingo will being in the Lion’s Building. In addition, the queen coronation will be held in the downtown area.
- 8 p.m. Music by the band RANDOM PLAY will be performed in the downtown area. Merchant drawings will also be held.
For general festival information contact the Silver Lake Town Office at 260-352-2120 during regular business hours or visit www.townofsilverlake.com for event forms and general information.