Fort Wayne-based Sweetwater Sound Inc. says its new $750,000 digital billboard can serve to welcome visitors to the city and promote regional organizations and events. It was built by Graycraft Signs Plus of Warsaw and the company says it is the largest of its kind in the state.
Sweetwater Sound provided the following details of the project:
- For 3 years this sign was in the design stages. Once the green light was given it took 10 weeks to complete the project from start to finish.
- Each Watchfire message center size is 15″ high x 27″ wide and weights 7500 lbs. each. The overall structure size is 26′ high x 35′ wide.
- There are a total of 466,560 pixels and 1.4 million individual LEDs with a color spectrum of 73.7 quintillion colors.
- The screen size is over 370 inches.
- This is the largest high-definition, 12mm Watchfire digital message board in the state of Indiana, offering exceptional image quality and vivid colors that are remarkable in their advertising capability for Sweetwater as well as the Fort Wayne community.
- With US 30 as the gateway to the City of Fort Wayne this state of the art digital message center, second to none in size and shape, will welcome visitors to the area and promote northeast Indiana’s organizations and events.
Source: Sweetwater Sound Inc., Inside INdiana Business