Warsaw Community Public Library’s adult and teen summer reading programs run June 2 to July 18. Participants can register through June 30. This year’s adult theme is Literary Elements and the teen theme is Spark a Reaction. Participants receive a small prize or ticket every 500 pages read. Audiobooks and ebooks can also be used. Tickets can also be earned by attending qualifying events throughout the program. Weekly drawings will be held for participants who have logged pages and grand prize drawings will take place July 21.
Adult & Teen programs for June include:
- Cookbook Club, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.Monday, June 2. The club is cooking Thai.
- Traditional Jazz Piano, 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 3. Pianist Deborrah Wyndham is back and will share traditional jazz and ragtime. Registration needed.
- Computer Clinic, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, June 4.
- Make It Take It Crafts: Paper Pinwheel Wreath. From 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 4. Registration needed.
- Off The Shelf Reading Group, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, June 5. The club will be discussing “Testimony” by Anita Shreve.
- Chess Club, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday in June.
- The Knit & Purl Club, 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. Monday, June 9.
- Writers Club, 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. Monday, June 9. Topics: “Attitude is everything”, “Forgiveness” and “Fathers as leaders in the home”.
- New Release Tuesday Movie, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, June 10. Call or check the events calendar for title.
- Genealogy Club, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, June 10.
- Teen Craft, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 11. Make a terrarium or homemade chia pet. Registration needed.
- The Immensity of the Universe, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, June 16. A look at the planets and the universe. Registration needed.
- New Release Tuesday – Movie, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesday, June 17. Call or check the events calendar for title.
- A Lifetime of Bird Watching with Neil Case who writes for “Outdoor Notes”, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 17. Registration needed
- Teen Drop-in-Zone, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, June 18. Join us for video games and a movie.
- Savvy Social Security Planning for Baby Boomers, 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday, June 21. Registration needed.
- Winona at 100, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 24. Centennial History of Winona Lake. Registration needed
- Teen Craft, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 25. Make your own nail polish color and nail polish remover jar. Registration needed.