A fire that ravaged Medina’s Body Shop in Milford Thursday and claimed the lives of two people, has been ruled accidental.
Based on the fire scene examination by the Kosciusko County Fire Investigation Team and the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s Office, the fire at 310 N. Higbee St., Milford, originated in the ceiling of a work bay and spread throughout the structure. Evidence found at the scene indicates an electrical malfunction in the wiring supplying power to a ceiling light.
The investigation report was completed by Kosciusko County Chief Fire Investigator Gordon Baker.
On Sunday, Kosciusko County Coroner Michael Wilson positively identified one of the victim’s as Annalu Nunez, and noted Nunez was residing at the body shop. Nunez was determined to have died of smoke inhalation.
The second fatality is believed to have been Jose Medina, although positive identification is still pending DNA results.