Bowen Center will present a program of Child and Parent Services designed to add another tool to every parent’s toolbox.
Bowen Center will host a free 10-week parenting class beginning March 12. The class will be held at the Kosciusko Bowen Center at 850 N. Harrison St., Warsaw, each Wednesday from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Parents who complete the course will receive a certificate of completion. According to Jamie Zon, assistant Kosciusko County director for Bowen Center, childcare will be provided for children ages 3 to 12 and snacks and light meals for parents and their children will be served.
The classes will cover such topics as:
- Parenting styles
- Children’s stages of development
- Creating a positive home environment
- Responding to manipulative behavior
- Understanding our children’s behavior
- How to respond to our children’s behavior
- The difference between discipline and punishment
- Giving positive choices and logical consequences
- Managing angry feelings
- Learning to listen to our children