Giving a petitioner more time to complete a residence in Tippecanoe Township was among the agenda items considered by the Kosciusko County Board of Zoning Appeals during its regular monthly meeting Tuesday in Warsaw. The meeting was held at the Justice Building.
Worth Packer petitioned the BZA for an extension on the deadline given to him to have a residence completed by September 2013 on Backwater Road, east of EMS W26 Lane. Packer was given a year to have the home fully completed and must either provide quarterly reports or have the work inspected. Matt Sandy, assistant county planner, noted the permit for the house was originally issued in 2004 and some neighbors have complained about the progress of the construction.
Other agenda items included:
• John Garber was granted approval to have a new peaked roof placed on a residence on Chapman Lake Drive, west of EMS C17 Lane in Plain Township.
• Brian and Marsha Coop were granted approval to allow a new residence to be 32 feet, not 28 feet as originally requested, from the water’s edge on EMS C24E Lane, south of EMS C24 Lane in Plain Township.
• Peggy Gerkin’s petition for reconstruction of a deck in the exact footprint on EMS B40A Lane in Tippecanoe Township was continued until the March meeting to allow BZA members time to visit the site.
• Jared VanNess was granted approval to allow an open porch to remain 8.3 feet from the right of way without a permit on EMS B26 Lane, east of South Barbee Road in Tippecanoe Township.
• Sandra Parcels was granted approval for a home based business, in this case a one chair beauty shop, in an agricultural district on CR 350S, east of CR 500E in Washington Township.
• Thomas Everett was given approval to reconstruct a residence addition 29 feet from the water’s edge on North Road, east of CR 800E in Turkey Creek Township.
• Susan Hearn was given approval to allow construction of a new residence 29 feet from the water’s edge on EMS T30A Lane, south of EMS T30 Lane in Plain Township.