WABASH – Throwback Tuesdays, a popular classic film series, returns today, Tuesday, Jan. 7, to the historic Eagles Theatre in Wabash. The film retrospective will feature movie classics from the 1940s, 50s and 60s on Tuesdays throughout January and February. Admission is $2, with show times at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Sponsoring the series is lead sponsor Terrell Realty Group and associate sponsor Wellbrooke of Wabash.
The complete film schedule includes:
- Jan. 7: “Some Like It Hot,” the 1959 Billy Wilder-directed film starring Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon
- Jan. 14: “Jailhouse Rock,” a 1957 American musical drama starring Elvis Presley, Judy Tyler and Mickey Shaughnessy, and directed by Richard Thorpe
- Jan. 21: “Mr. Smith Goes To Washington,” a 1939 American political comedy-drama, directed by Frank Capra and starring Jimmy Stewart and Jean Arthur.
- Jan. 28: “High Noon,” a 1952 American Western classic directed by Fred Zinnemann and starring Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly
- Feb. 4: “Sabrina,” the 1954 romantic comedy directed by Billy Wilder and starring Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart and William Holden
- Feb. 11: “Roman Holiday,” a William Wyler-directed romantic comedy from 1953 starring Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn
- Feb. 18: “The Maltese Falcon,” a 1941 film noir based on the novel of the same name directed by John Huston and starring Humphrey Bogart and Mary Astor
- Feb. 25: “Casablanca,” the 1942 classic World War II story starring Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Paul Henreid and Claude Rains, with direction by Michael Curtiz
Eagles Theatre is located at 106 W. Market St. in Wabash. For more information, visit www.eaglestheatre.com.