Leesburg/Plain Township Fire Department responded to the trailer at 1:49 p.m. When they arrived, all of the occupants had safely evacuated.
Derek Tenney, secretary and treasurer for the PTFD, said the fire in the trailer at Lot 74 was “put out very quickly” and appeared to be the result of an electrical malfunction. The fire was contained under the trailer’s bathroom area.
The home is occupied by Gabriella Hernandez and, when the fire started, there were a total of seven people inside. Tenney said the Kosciusko County Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the family, who has been temporarily displaced due to smoke damage, with food and storage assistance.
Damages were estimated at about $5,000.