(EDITOR’S NOTE: The threat of severe weather has some communities postponing trick-or-treating until Friday night. We will continue to update this list as information is received.)
Times for towns in Kosciusko County are as follows:
Thursday, Oct. 31
- Milford ― 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. (not being postponed)
- Nappanee – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (not being postponed)
- Cromwell ― 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (not being postponed)
Friday, Nov. 1
- Akron – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Bourbon – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Claypool – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Etna Green ― 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Leesburg― 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Mentone ― 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. With a costume contest at Mentone Elementary School starting at 8 p.m.
- North Webster – 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. (event at the North Webster Fire Station also moved to Friday)
- Pierceton – 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Silver Lake ― 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Syracuse ― 6 p.m to 8 p.m.
- South Whitley ― 6 p.m to 8 p.m.
- Warsaw ― 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Winona Lake ― 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Those who wish to accept trick-or-treaters should turn on their porch lights as children and parents are expected to come to the front door of only those houses with lights on. In the same respect, those who do not wish to participate should turn their porch lights off during the times designated for their town.
Other Ghostly Events for October:
- Trunk-n-Treat at Warsaw Wesleyan Church will be on Halloween night from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The church is located at 2402 W. Old Rd. 30, Warsaw. The event has been moved inside the church where games will be held inside the gym.
- Family Fall Festival, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Halloween night at First Christian Church in Warsaw, 115 Park Ridge Dr., across from Miller’s Merry Manor. The event will have food, games, face painting, candy and a costume contest with winners for best individual costume and best family costumes. Everyone is welcome.
- The Downtown Annual Spooktacular will be held on Friday, Nov. 1. Registration for the costume contest will begin at 5:30 p.m. on the courthouse lawn. Downtown trick-or-treating will take place from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. and the costume contest will follow at 7 p.m.
- Warsaw Meadows Community Trick-or-Treat. The annual trick-or-treat at Warsaw Meadows, 300 E. Prairie St., Warsaw, will be from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1. This year’s theme is Nursery Rhymes.
- Community Grace Brethren Church will host a trunk-or-treat event from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1. The event will be held in the Marsh’s parking lot. Free cookies and cider will be provided.
- Syracuse Church of God Trunk or Treat will take place at the church for community trick-or-treaters from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 1.
- A Night At The Library On Halloween night, the books come to life! The Syracuse Public Library invites kids, teens and adults of all ages to join librarians from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Halloween night, Thursday, Oct. 31, for a fun, Dr. Seuss filled adventure.
- Lakeside Veterans of Foreign Wars Halloween Party will be held from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1. The public is invited to join Post 1342 and costumes are encouraged. There is no cover charge to attend. The evening will start off with a beef stew dinner served from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Entertainment will be provided by the Steve Hoover band from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Costume judging will take place at 8:30 p.m. Everyone who comes in costume receives one free drink with sixteen-ounce draft beer selling for only $1.50. The Lakeside VFW Post 1342 is located at 307 W. Chicago Street and is a family-friendly smoke-free facility. “ Thanks to Terri Ritter for sharing the scoop.
- The Fall Festival at Wawasee Heights Baptist Church in Syracuse has been moved to coordinate with the town’s schedule change. The event is open to the community for games, candy and hot cocoa from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 1.
- The North Webster Fire Department Halloween Open House will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1. The contest, which will feature cash prizes, will be open to all ages and will be held at 8 p.m. In addition, a hayride will be offered to guest to the “Haunted Freakshow” haunted house. Free cider, cookies, brownies, hot chocolate and candy will be offered.
- A-MAZ-ING Haunted House Freak Show Ghouls of all shapes and sizes will be lurking in the shadows at the North Webster Lions Fairgrounds, ready to give you a fright from Oct. 25-26 and Nov. 1-2. Doors will creak open at 6:30 p.m. and will close at 10 p.m. each night. Admission will be $5 for those who are ages 6 and older. The haunted house will not be open Thursday, Oct. 31, due to weather.
- Mentone Chamber Costume Contest will be held at 8 p.m. on Friday Nov. 1, at Mentone Elementary. The contest will feature cash prizes of up to $25 for all ages.
- First Baptist Church Trunk-Or-Treat will be from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Friday Nov. 1. All workers at the event will be wearing positive image costumes. All are welcome to attend.
- Celebration Harvest will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 1, at the old fire station in Silver Lake.
- Lights Out At The Library will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31. The event, which will be in the library located at 101 N. Main St., will feature the theme, “The Great Nursery Rhyme Disaster.” Guests will journey alongside Miss Muffet after she decides she no longer wishes to be scared by the spider and looks for another nursery rhyme to be in. This creates all kinds of problems for Mother Goose along the way. The library is in need of regular size candy bars to give out to the children at the end of the program. If this is something you could help with, bring them to the adult desk at the library. They are also looking for anyone who would like to help with Lights Out. They are in need of behind the scenes people and actors. Let Julie Frew know if you would like to help by calling 574-658-4312.
- The Milford First Brethren Church Halloween Fun Fair will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Halloween. Games will be set up. Children can play to win candy, and refreshments will be served. The event will be held at the parking lot beside the community building. In addition to Halloween Fun Fair, the church is also hosting a free community supper the night before. From 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Wed. Oct. 30, food will be served at the church gym.
- Trunk-Or-Treat Around The World will be held at Calvary Baptist Church from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 31. The church is located at 3065 E. Armstrong Rd., Leesburg, Ind. Bring your kids and travel through the CBC parking lot, visit lots of trunks and find out “fun facts” about each country! Win lots of prizes, eat hot dogs and snow cones and play games. The event is free. The event has been moved inside the church due to weather.
- Burket United Methodist Church Trunk-Or-Treat will be held inside the church from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31.
If you have an event to add to this list please email your event information to [email protected].