North Webster-Tippecanoe Township Emergency Medical Service Education will be sponsoring classes for the New Advanced EMT and Advanced EMT Bridge classes. The classes will be held at 499 W. Washington St. in the Tippecanoe Township Building.
Day classes will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and night classes from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. beginning Tuesday, Sept. 17, and ending Thursday, March 13, 2014. Those who wish to participate must register for either the day class or the night class. Deadline for registration is Saturday, Sept. 7.
Course cost is $800 for Advanced EMT while the cost is $400 for Advanced EMT Bridge.
These courses meets all requirements of the Department of Transportation Advanced Emergency Medical Technician and the Indiana Homeland Security EMS curriculum.
Topics include patient assessment, body systems, trauma, oxygen administration, automatic defibrillation, manual defibrillation, ECG interpretation, IV therapy, pharmacology, primary care medicine, advanced assessment, management of shock and cardiac arrest, respiratory emergencies, endocrine emergencies, environmental among a few. Contact Sue Ann Bechtold at email@example.com.
Registration Requirements include:
1. Current EMT certification/ PSID number
2. Record of Hepatitis Shot or signed refusal
3. Current CPR-HPC card
4. Current TB test result (within last year)
5. Current Valid Driver’s license
The following can be completed online through State EMS web page:
6. Proof of completion of NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800
7. Proof of completion of Weapons Mass Destruction/Terrorism Response
8. Proof of completion of Autism Awareness
9. Haz Mat Awareness
10. SIDS-Sudden Infant Death Syndrome