Officers of the Syracuse Police Department recently investigated the following accidents:
Sunday, 9:16 a.m. North Huntington Street, Syracuse. Ashley D. Walker, North CR 300E, Milford, reported her vehicle was struck while parked at the North Huntington Street location. Damages: up to $2,500
Saturday, 11:07 a.m. South Huntington Street and East Bowser Road. Drivers: Michell E. Moore, 51, North Stoneburner Road, Warsaw; and Angela S. Hamilton, 44, Turtle Bay Drive, Syracuse. Moore, who was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital, complained of pain to the head and Hamilton, who was taken to IU-Goshen Health, sustained a contusion/bruise to the abdomen and pelvic area. A 10-year-old in Hamilton’s vehicle was also transported to be checked out from a front seat air bag deployment. Moore disregarded the traffic signal hitting the Hamilton vehicle. Moore was cited for operating a vehicle while suspended. Damages: up to $10,000
Saturday, 12:30 p.m. North Huntington Street, north of West Washington Street. Drivers: Marlow E. Yoder, 41, East Indiana Avenue, Elkhart; and Becky S. Schmitt, 54, Galen Court, Goshen. Yoder’s vehicle struck the back of the Schmitt vehicle. Damages: under $1,000
Friday, June 28, 1:50 p.m. Ellen Vandiver, no town listed, reported her vehicle was struck by another vehicle while parked at Brookpoint Inn, Bowser Road, Syracuse.
Officers of the Syracuse Police Department recently investigated the following incident:
- Tuesday, 10:29 p.m. Kenneth Graff, North CR 925E, North Webster, reported being battered by an individual on North Indiana Avenue.
Officers of the Syracuse Police Department recently made the following arrests:
- Saturday, 4:08 a.m. Kacie N. Gray, 22, East Fox Run Drive, Syracuse, arrested for disorderly conduct and public intoxication. Bond: $305
- Friday, 11:26 p.m. Christopher M. Barnes, 27, Monticello, arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Bond: $555
- Thursday, 11:16 p.m. Matthew Rhoades, 23, Goshen; and William Rose, 24, Goshen, both arrested for charged with criminal recklessness with a firearm. Bond: $5,000 each. Police were called to Lake and East Main Street for reports of shots fired in that area, multiple witnesses identified the two individuals whom police located with a weapon.
- Thursday, 5:53 a.m. Brandon Waterson, 28, Columbia City, arrested for OWI. Bond: $550