Warsaw Community High School will holds its 2013 Fine Arts Festival from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. this Thursday, May 16. The celebration of the visual and performing arts in Warsaw will be held in The Performing Arts Center at Warsaw Community High School, 1 Tiger Lane.
The 34th annual Tri Kappa Art Exhibit in the Black Box Theater also will be open. The Associate Chapter of Tri Kappa has provided financial support for this event for 34 years. Students will display visual art works created during this school year and senior studio artists will showcase their work from the past four years. Three local artists and art instructors jury the show and monetary awards will be given to winners in 12 categories as well as a Best of Show and Runner-up Best of show.
Activities for the evening include:
- WCHS Dance classes performing several exciting numbers
- 5th Annual Student Film Festival in the auditorium
- WCHS Jazz Band
- WCS Strings ensemble
- Tri Kappa Juried Art Exhibit-sponsored by The Associate Chapter of Tri Kappa
- Potter’s wheel, stone carving, digital photography and painting demonstrations
- Individual musical performances on the small stage in the lobby
- Cultural art and craft displays
- Student juried art exhibit in the gallery on the curve
- Culinary Arts students will serve their inventive appetizers and desserts
All events are free and open to the public. Join the WCHS performing and visual arts teachers and their talented students for this evening of fun and celebration of the arts.