Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- March 4, 9:22 a.m. Police were notified that Irene M. Ramsey passed away in her home unattended from natural causes.
- March 4, 10:16 a.m. Jody Torpy was arrested for theft from Khol’s. Jody then proceeded to resist arrest and had to be physically restrained.
- March 4, 12:37 p.m. Conni Walkup informed police she was involved in a traffic accident and that the suspect vehicle fled the scene. A short time later, Michael Burmeister was apprehended when he was involved in a single vehicle traffic accident.
- March 4, Jose Lucio reported being the victim of a possible identity theft. Investigation is ongoing.
- March 4, 2:52 p.m. Kristin Zimmerman advised police that a male subject was urinating in public several times during the hours of 1 p.m. to 3 p.m..
- March 4, 5:22 p.m. Michelle Renee Heitkamp was arrested for driving while suspended prior.
- March 5. A Warsaw woman reported being battered by a juvenile.
- March 5, 8:50 a.m. Upon stopping Stacy Crawford for speeding in a school zone, police discovered that she was driving with a suspended license.
- March 5, 9:45 a.m. Warsaw Police were called due to a strong odor, possibly drugs, coming from an apartment. The incident was investigated by the Warsaw Police Department. No charges are being filed at this time.
- March 5, 11:58 a.m. Misty Campbell reported an out of control juvenile that was destroying items inside the home.
- March 5, 3:50 p.m. A juvenile was taken into custody due to a battery resulting in bodily injury and was taken to Pierceton Woods.
- March 5, 8:04 p.m. Maggie Witham reported criminal mischief took place when all four tires were slashed on a vehicle outside of 519 W. Winona Ave.
- March 6, 8:42 a.m. Jason Schue reported being the victim of a hit and run outside of the Super 8 Motel. The suspect was a white male who left the scene before police could arrive.
- March 6, 11:55 a.m. After performing a traffic stop, a vehicle was found to have an expired license plate.
- March 6, 4:33 p.m. Zachary Shepler reported a found wallet.
- March 6, 9 a.m. A domestic battery was reported in the 600 block of North Grant Street to a pregnant female. Investigation is ongoing.
- March 6, 6:56 p.m. Police served a warrant to 423 E. Arthur St., where Terry Swick was arrested on warrant.
Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following accidents:
Monday, March 4, 4:01 p.m. 1055 Pike Shore Drive. Drivers: Andrew Wagner, 36, Pike Shore Drive, Warsaw; and Cindy Trahin, 53, 600 East, Columbia City. Wagner backed out of her parking space and struck into Trahin’s vehicle. Damages: up to $2,500
Monday, March 4, 5:52 p.m. North Buffalo and East Main streets. Drivers: Kristi Loftis, 34, West Center Street, Warsaw; Michael Rice, 55, Williamson Drive, Warsaw; and Christina Sekora, 35, Eastbrook Drive, South Bend. Loftis was eastbound on Main Street when she became distracted and struck Rice’s vehicle that was northbound on Buffalo. That caused Rice’s vehicle to collide head on with Sekora. Damages: up to $50,000
Tuesday, March 5, 7:28 p.m. North Detroit and Jalynn Streets. Drivers: Scott Kessler, 50, East Main Street, Warsaw; and Catherine Whetstone, 60, 600 South, Mentone. Due to weather conditions, Kessler rear-ended Whetstone’s vehicle while attempting to stop at the intersection. Damages: up to $5,000
Tuesday, March 5, 5:21 p.m. Lake City Highway and North Parker Street. Drivers: James C. Collins, 61, Woodland Lane, Warsaw; and Dashawn Tolbert, 38, Calumet City, Ill. Collins was westbound on Lake City Highway when, due to weather conditions, he rear-ended Tolbert’s vehicle (semi). Damages: up to $5,000