Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Feb. 9-22, 7:02 p.m. Warsaw Supercenter reported a theft.
- Feb. 21, 9:45 a.m. Cletus Levertt reported the theft of his wallet. The theft occurred at Warsaw Public Library.
- Feb. 21-22, 12 a.m. Police responded to a call from a subject at Rex’s Tavern of a possible drunk driver who had struck a pedestrian as well as a vehicle and left the scene. The driver was later booked for operating while intoxicated and operating while intoxicated per se.
- Feb. 22, 9:29 p.m. Shane M. Gann reported a crash with one vehicle leaving the scene. Investigation is ongoing.
- Feb. 23, 8:30 a.m. Elaine K. Tripp reported criminal mischief to her vehicle resulting in damage up to $2500.
- Feb. 23, 1:13 p.m. After conducting a traffic stop, police discovered Melinda Irene Winarski to be operating with a prior suspended license. Winarski was arrested.
- Feb. 23, 1:32 p.m. After stopping a suspect vehicle for a traffic infraction, police discovered the driver had never received a valid license and was arrested.
- Feb. 23, 3:27 p.m. Napa Auto Parts reported a suspicious act/attempted theft.
- Feb. 23, 3:53 p.m. Big R reported a male and female subject making a theft. Police arrested both suspects.
- Feb. 24, 11:29 a.m. Alexander J. Miller reported his vehicle had been damaged on Green Hill Drive by another vehicle who failed to stop and report the crash. Investigation is ongoing.
- Feb. 24, 3:46 p.m. Police arrested Dustin Crawford for precursors to make methamphetamine, he also admitted he was selling a box of Sudo to make meth.
- Feb. 24, 5:05 p.m. Police arrested Joshua Lynn Mathias on a warrant.
- Feb. 25, 9 a.m. Judy Haywood reported a theft from New Look Boutique.
- Feb. 25, 2:38 p.m. Pak-A-Sak Shell Gas Station reported the theft of fuel from the gas station on East Center Street. Police apprehended and arrested the female suspect responsible.
- Feb. 25, 3:04 p.m. Reuben Delion was arrested following a fight with another student at Warsaw Community High School.
- Feb. 25, 11:12 p.m. Kimberly Kay Rngel went to Kosciusko Community Hospital for treatment of injuries from an alleged car crash that was said to have occurred at 3:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25.
Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following accidents:
Friday, Feb. 22, 2:10 p.m. Argonne Road. Driver: William Church, 52, Huber Heights, Ohio. Church, the driver of a commercial vehicle, was southbound on Argonne Road attempting to go under a viaduct that was marked 13-foot clearance. The top right of his trailer caught the viaduct and ripped the top off the trailer. There was no visible damage to the viaduct. Damages: up to $5,000
Friday, Feb. 22, 3:43 p.m. West Mcelroy Drive and North 150 West. Drivers: Edward W. Rodriguez, 35, Arbutus Trail, Warsaw; and Armin C. Mueller, 79, Grey Wolf Court, Warsaw. Rodriguez was southbound on 150 West and was following Mueller when he looked down momentarily causing him to rear-end Mueller. Damages: up to $2,500
Friday, Feb. 22, 9:29 p.m. Commerce Drive. Driver: Cameron R. Green, 17, Wooster Road, Winona Lake. Green was westbound in the McDonald’s East parking lot when he began to slide due to roadway surface conditions causing him to strike a parked vehicle nearby. Damages: up to $2,500
Saturday, Feb. 23, 7:24 p.m. West Market Street. Drivers: Calvin S. Baugher, 64, 100 North, Warsaw; and Smit R. Pandya, 27, Kinney Drive, Warsaw. Baugher was backing out from the Red Box at Owens West and did not see Pandya who was westbound behind him. Damages: up to $2,500
Saturday, Feb. 24, 11:29 a.m. Green Hill Drive. Drivers: Unknown; Alexander J. Miller, Greenhill Drive, Warsaw. The owner of a vehicle registered to Miller came out to his vehicle which was parked on Greenhill Drive and found his side mirror damaged. Damages: up to $1,000
Sunday, Feb. 24, 8:19 p.m. Shelden Street and West 300 North. Drivers: Hugo F. Alvarez, 19, Levi Lee Road, Warsaw; and Stephen R. Rosbrugh, 71, 150 West, Warsaw. Alvarez was traveling north on Sheldon Street and stopped at the stop sign. When Rosbrugh, who did not have a stop sign, proceeded through the intersection going westbound, Alvarez pulled forward and struck the side of Rosbrugh’s vehicle. Damages: up to $10,000
Monday, Feb. 25, 3:30 p.m. U.S. 30 West. Drivers: Unknown; and Kimberly Kay Rangel, 52, Fox Farm Road, Warsaw. Rangel stated she was stopped for a red light when she was struck by a vehicle from behind who fled the scene. Rangel did not report the accident until she later went to Kosciusko Community Hospital to receive treatment for neck pain. Damages: up to $1,000