Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Feb. 19, 1:50 p.m. A Warsaw woman reported receiving threats and harassment.
- Feb. 20, 8:30-8:45 a.m. Linda Villa reported the theft of a cell phone from 1511 E. Clark St.
- Feb. 20, 8:53 a.m. Douglas Rekucki reported that his vehicle had been stolen.
- Feb. 20, 10:26 p.m. Walmart Supercenter reported a juvenile female had stolen a cell phone charger from the store.
- Feb. 22, 8:18 a.m. Compass LP reported their business building had graffiti spray painted on the east side of the building.
- Feb. 22, 12:00 a.m. Police received a call in reference to a possible drunk driver that had left the scene of an accident at Rex’s Tavern. After investigation, police booked Betty J. Lipton for operating while intoxicated (felony) and operating while intoxicated per se.
Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following accidents:
Tuesday, Feb. 19, 12:45 a.m. East Market Street and South Maple Avenue. Driver: Claudette K. Teel, 68, Baker Street, Warsaw. Teel was driving east on Market Street when she struck a tree limb that had fallen into the roadway. Damages: up to $1,000
Wednesday, Feb. 20, 3:45 p.m. East Clark and North Grant Streets. Drivers: Andrea H. Wagner, 36, Pike Shore Drive, Warsaw; and Maira J. Villa, 23, North Grant Street, Warsaw. Villa, who was southbound, failed to stop at the intersection stop sign and was struck by Wagner, who was eastbound. Damages: up to $5,000
Wednesday, Feb. 20, 3:18 p.m. East Center and South Grant Streets. Drivers: Sylvia M. Lantz, 63, Sand Castle Drive, Warsaw; and Dalton J. Zellers, 18, Glad Street, Warsaw. Both Lantz and Zellers were eastbound on Center Street when Lantz rear-ended Zellers vehicle. Damages: up to $2,500
Wednesday, Feb. 20, 7:45 p.m. East Center and North Hickory Streets. Driver: Matheus Morais, Columbia Drive, South Lyon. Central Dispatch was advised of a crash involving a train and vehicle at the intersection of Hickory Street and Center Street. According to Morais, he had run out of gas and coasted to a stop too close to the railroad tracks. The vehicle was not occupied upon impact Damages: up to $10,000
Thursday, Feb. 21, 11:47 p.m. South Buffalo Street. Drivers: Betty J. Lipton, 61, West Corlys Lane, Silver Lake; and Aaron D. Metzger, 33, East Winona Avenue, Warsaw. Lipton backed her vehicle into a taxi cab operated by Metzger at Rex’s Tavern. After providing Metzger with her information, she left the scene of the accident. She was later stopped by an officer and found to be operating while intoxicated. Metzger complained of back pain. Damages: up to $1,000
Thursday, Feb. 21, 12:17 p.m. SR 15. Drivers: Vanessa E. Arnold, 17, East Lantern Road, Warsaw; and Paul Hensley, 78, 17th Road, Bourbon. Arnold was southbound on SR 15 when she became distracted and rear-ended Hensley who was stopped to make a turn. Damages: up to $25,000
Thursday, Feb. 21, 6:10 p.m. Lake City Highway and Commerce Drive. Drivers: Erica J. Noblitt, 33, US 30, Pierceton; and William R. Larsen, 25, Brandywine Trail, Fort Wayne. Both drivers were westbound on Lake City Highway when Noblitt rear-ended Larsen, who was stopped at a red light. Damages: up to $2,500