Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Feb. 1, 12:24 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Shannon R. Gibson reported that $200 dollars was stolen from her purse at her residence.
- Feb. 1, 8:34 a.m. Dissemination of matter harmful to minors was reported at 2191 East Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw.
- Feb. 1, 10:51 a.m. Police arrested Kira Courson for driving while suspended.
- Feb. 1, 3:45 p.m. Police arrested Troyvier Lavon Franklin for possession of marijuana after a traffic stop.
- Feb. 2, 9:19 p.m. Police served a warrant to 3100 N Detroit Street, where an arrest was made.
- Feb. 2, 11:05-11:06 p.m. Police responded to a battery with serious bodily injury and criminal recklessness with a motor vehicle.
- Feb. 2, 11 p.m. to Feb. 3 12:06 a.m. A juvenile female reported her cell phone was taken while she was at the Wyndham Hotel pool area. Investigation is ongoing.
- Feb. 3, 1:58 a.m. An adult male and a juvenile male were arrested for illegal consumption of alcohol.
- Feb. 3, 8:22 p.m. Police arrested an individual for an the operator never being licensed.
- Feb. 3, 1:00 a.m. Brian Dale Krizan reported criminal mischief. Four of his tires were slashed.
- Feb. 4, 9 a.m. Feb. 2 to 5 p.m. Feb. 2, a Warsaw woman reported that Yosef Hajaji violated the protective order against him.
- Feb. 4, 12:00 a.m. Rosario Herendeen reported witnessing a male expose himself on Feb. 2.
- Feb. 4, 12.53 a.m. Sally’s Beauty Supply reported that a female stole three items.
- Feb. 4, 8:07 p.m. Police were informed of a suspicious male laying in a hallway. The male subject was found to be intoxicated and was transported to KCH by EMS.
- Feb. 3-Feb. 5, 10:04 p.m. to 8:08 a.m. Female adult reported receiving unwanted text and picture messages from a male and female adult who were contact by police to stop sending the messages or they would be subject to arrest.
- Feb. 5, 3:13 p.m. Two juvenile males were taken into custody after being reported as runaways from Pierceton Woods Academy.
- Feb. 5, 12:05 a.m. Police served a warrant to subject located at Dalton Foundry and made an arrest without incident.
Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following accidents:
Friday Feb. 1, 12:57 p.m. South Buffalo Street. Drivers: Roberta M. Hershberger, 48, North Main Street, Nappanee; Greg A. Neff, 54, Walton Avenue, Michigan City. Hershberger struck Neff as he merged into her lane. Damages: up to $2,500
Friday Feb. 1, 4:44 p.m. East Hendricks Street and South Cleveland Street. Drivers: Donald F. Locke, 91, East Center Street, Warsaw; Kyle G. Cabezas, 22, Midlothian Drive, Pasadena, Ca. Locke was westbound on Hendricks Street and failed to stop at a stop sign. He struck into the side of Cabezas vehicle as he proceeded through the intersection. Damages: up to $2,500
Saturday Feb. 2, 11:13 p.m. 1628 West 200 South. Drivers: Robert T. Garcia, 36, 250 South, Warsaw. Garcia was fleeing from law enforcement and was westbound on 200 south. He lost control of the vehicle due to road conditions stricken g a fence and causing substantial damages. Garcia was administered a drug and alcohol test and is in policy custody. Damages: up to $2,500
Saturday Feb. 2, 12:42 p.m. North Detroit Street. Drivers: Melissa A. Seitner, 39, East 700 South, Claypool; Melanie M. McNeill, 47, East Asbury Lane, North Webster. Seitner was south on SR 15 when she observed McNeill entering her lane. Seitner attempted to avoid contact but was unable to and ran into the sidewalk and into a street sign. Damages: up to $2,500
Saturday Feb. 2, 10:15 a.m. 150 West and US 30. Driver: Brittany N. Sherman, 16, Country Club Drive, Warsaw. Sherman lost control of her vehicle due to snow conditions and slid into a ditch. Sherman complained of pain on the left side of her head but declined medical treatment. Damages: up to $5,000