Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Jan. 28, 10:30 p.m. Anna Rose Mast of Warsaw reported a property damage accident.
- Jan. 28, 11:39 a.m. Stella Bradford of Silver Lake reported fraudulent activity on her bank account.
- Jan. 28. An altercation occurred between two female students at Wawasee High School.
- Jan. 28, 7:04 a.m. A Warsaw woman reported having a firearm pointed at her during a domestic dispute.
- Jan. 28, 12:07 a.m. Officers were called to a Claypool address where a female with mental health issues was the victim of a domestic battery.
- Jan. 27, 6:36 p.m. Officers were called to an accident at East 900 South, Claypool. The accident involved a male subject who was arrested for driving while intoxicated.
- Jan. 26, 5:54 p.m. Clinton Whitney of Warsaw reported a theft.
Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following accidents:
Monday, Jan. 28, 7:55 a.m. North SR 15 and West Van Buren Street, Leesburg. Drivers: Bernardo Valazquez, 33, Timberline Circle West, Warsaw; and John L. Liechty, 58, Ashton Court, Goshen. Valazquez pulled from the Marathon gas station into the path of Liechty’s vehicle. Damages: up to $10,000
Sunday, Jan. 27, 11:04 p.m. U.S. 30, west of CR 700 North, Warsaw. Driver: Michael Nellessen, 22, Jamestowne Court, Sleepy Hollow, Ill. Nellessen lost control on the icy road and slid into a ditch. Damages: up to $2,500
Sunday, Jan. 27, 8:37 p.m. North SR 19, west of North 900 West, Etna Green. Driver: Paxson Miller, 21, Woodlane Dr., Archbold, Ohio. Miller lost control of his vehicle on the icy road and struck a fence. Damages: up to $5,000
Sunday, Jan. 27, 10:55 p.m. East Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Driver: Salvador Martinez, 18, Wexford Place, Warsaw. Martinez lost control on a curve and struck a road sign. Damages: up to $2,500
Sunday, Jan. 27, 10:54 p.m. U.S. 30 and Arnolt Drive, Pierceton. Driver: James W. Byers, 21, South Valley View, Columbia City. Byers lost control on the icy road and struck a road sign. Damages: up to $2,500
Sunday, Jan. 27, 6:34 p.m. East 900 South, Claypool. Driver: Jeffrey C. Weirick, 54, South 100 East, Claypool. Weirick lost control of his vehicle on the icy road. It was determined he had been drinking alcohol and a PBT test showed a BAC of .200 percent. Weirick was arrested for OWI. Damages: up to $10,000