Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Jan. 17, 10:35 a.m. A Warsaw woman reported being battered while children were in the home.
- Jan. 17, 4:01 p.m. Female was arrested for shoplifting from Khols.
- Jan. 17, 5:23 p.m. Ryan Bittner of Warsaw, was observed operating his vehicle while his license was suspended.
- Jan. 17, 3:30 p.m. Warsaw woman reported being the victim of criminal mischief. Damage to her vehicle as sustained. Investigation is ongoing.
- Jan. 18, 8:24 p.m. Jette Lyn Bradley reported a theft from her residence.
- Jan. 19, 11:20 a.m. Tracey E. Mark reported the theft of a standing antenna.
- Jan. 19, 1:01 p.m. Kohls reported a theft. Kohls loss prevention observed a male walk out of the store with a bottle of fragrance. The loss prevention employee the observed the male spray himself with the bottle of fragrance in the parking lot.
- Jan. 20, 4:02 p.m. Police responded to a to a call of domestic disturbance on Anchorage Road. The male party was found to be naked in a public place.
- Jan. 21, 8:40 a.m. The Quick Clean Car reported damaged to a business sign at their property.
- Jan. 21, 2:07 p.m. Brandon Blair reported the theft of a stolen Walther P22 Pistol.
- Jan. 21, 2:07 p.m. Lewis Salvage reported a theft. A juvenile male was taken into custody for having stolen property belonging to Salvage.
- Jan. 21, 4:54 p.m. Warsaw Police served a warrant to a female driver after a traffic stop for an infraction. The female driver was wanted on a warrant of conversion.
- Jan. 21, 7:10 p.m. Mark Lynn Brumblow reported the theft a his truck from Felxaust parking lot.
Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following accidents:
- Tuesday, Jan. 15, 7:23 a.m. Fisher Avenue. Driver: Jeffery R. Coulter II, 17, North Old Orchard Drive, Warsaw; Taelor E. Hanson, EMS T32 Lane, Leesburg; Treleen H. Cox, 42, East Main Street, Warsaw. Coulter rear ended Hanson who was then pushed into Cox’s vehicle. Damages: up to $5,000
- Wednesday, Jan. 16, 7:05 p.m. South Union Street. Driver: Jeanine K. Kinsey, 56, East Pleasant Grove Drive, Warsaw. Kinsey was northbound on Union Street when she struck a deer. Damages: up to $2,500
- Thursday, Jan. 17, 8:19 a.m. West Market and South Columbia streets. Drivers: Dixie A. Breading, 70, Kincaide Street, Warsaw; Jo A. Richard, 18, East Sheridan Street, Warsaw; Breading, distracted failed to notice Richard as she drove through the intersection. Breading was struck by Richard who could not avoid the collision. Damages: up to $5,000
- Thursday, Jan. 17, 3:16 p.m. East Center and North Lincoln streets. Drivers: Ronald E. Redpath, 68, Lydia Drive, Warsaw; Rhonda K. Hoeppner, 49, East Springhill Road, Warsaw. Redpath, who was eastbound on Center Street, failed to stop at a red light at the intersection and was struck by Hoeppner, who was northbound on Lincoln Street. Damages: up to $10,000
- Friday, Jan. 18, 7:21 a.m. West Winona Drive. Drivers: David Barrett, 16, East Main Street, Warsaw; Harley H. Bentley, 17, East Burkhart Drive, Warsaw. Both drivers were slowed/stopped in traffic on West Winona Avenue near the intersection of South Columbia Street when Barrett began backing up in traffic until his vehicle made contact with the front of Bentley’s vehicle. Damages: up to $5,000
- Friday, Jan. 18, 11:54 a.m. 314 East Market Street. Driver: Unknown. The driver of a vehicle reported her vehicle was struck sometime on the night of Wednesday, Jan. 16 while the car was parked. The driver who struck the vehicle did not stop to report the collision. Damages: up to $2,500
- Friday, Jan. 18, 7:22 p.m. North Airport Road. Driver: Monica Sanchez, 44, North Fox Farm Road, Warsaw. Sanchez attempted avoiding a raccoon who ran in front of her vehicle causing her to leave the roadway and crash into a fence. Damages: up to $5,000
- Saturday, Jan. 19, 9:43 a.m. Commerce Drive. Drivers: Jeffrey M. Kennedy, 50, East Wesley Lane, North Webster; Zachary H. Woodcock, 21, Wexford Place, Warsaw. Woodcock was driving straight when Kennedy backed into his vehicle. Damages: up to $2,500
- Saturday, Jan. 19, 10:55 a.m. East Center Street and Robmar Drive. Drivers: Janice L. Engelberth, 73, North Johnson Street, Warsaw; James B. Fleming, 39, South Circle Drive, Warsaw. Fleming was westbound on Center Street when Engelberth made a left turn in front of him that struck his vehicle while turning. Damages: up to $2,500
- Saturday, Jan. 19, 1:10 p.m. Lake City Highway. Drivers: Douglas E. Klinger, 56, McKenna Road, Warsaw; Rick D. Richardson, 50, Levi Lee Road, Warsaw. Richardson was stopped at a traffic light and was rear ended by Klinger. Richardson was stopped at the interchange from Lake City Highway to North Detroit Street. Both drivers were southbound on North Detroit Street. Damages: up to $2,500
- Saturday, Jan. 19, 2:36 p.m. 2501 Walton Boulevard. Drivers: Laura A. Patterson, 44, East Armstrong Road, Leesburg; Patrick McGurn, 45, North Grandview Drive, Warsaw. Patterson was backing from a Walmart parking space and did not see McGurn pulling through the parking lot until contact was made. Damages: up to $2,500
- Monday, Jan. 21, 11:02 a.m. Fisher Avenue and Tiger Lane. Drivers: Matthew L. Voss, 21, North Harrison Street, Warsaw; and Justin D. Weaver, 30, Tulip Tree Drive, Warsaw. Weaver, who was breaking for a left turn, was struck by Voss, who failed to see Weaver’s brake lights. Damages: up to $2,500
- Monday, Jan. 21, 5:31 p.m. Lake City Highway and Springhill Road. Drivers: Joshua A. Elliot, 19, East Levi Lee Road, Warsaw; and Jean A. Brinneman, 52, Meadow Lane, Bluffton. Both Elliot and Brinneman were traveling east on US 30. Elliot rear-ended Brinneman who was stopped for a red light. Damages: up to $5,000