Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following accidents:
- Sunday, Jan. 20, 8:15 p.m. North 250 East and EMS C28 Lane, Leesburg. Driver: Kayla L. Hamilton, 21, East South Street, Milford. Driver swerved to miss a deer and the vehicle began sliding on gravel causing the vehicle to strike a fence. Damages: up to $2,500
- Sunday, Jan. 20, 6:18 p.m. West 400 North and North 300 West, Warsaw. Driver: Brian A. Landis, 50, West 400 North, Warsaw. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $2,500
- Saturday, Jan. 19, 2:44 p.m. West 100 North, Warsaw. Drivers: Shawn A. Ousley, 37, North 475 East, Warsaw; and Brendon J. Fields, 21, North Parks Schram Road, Warsaw. Ousley was on 100 North and passed the house he was going to. He stopped and backed up, colliding with Fields’ vehicle. Ousley admitted he did not have insurance and was cited. Damages: up to $5,000
- Saturday, Jan. 19, 10:37 p.m. North Boeing Road, Warsaw. Driver: Kenya R. Hendrickson, 18, EMS B21 Lane, Pierceton. Driver was southbound on Boeing Road and did not see a curve. She drove off of the road and into a ditch. Damages: up to $2,500
- Saturday, Jan. 19, 10:43 a.m. East Harper Road near East 700 North, Leesburg. Drivers: Kimberly K. Weaver, 31, North Syracuse-Webster Road, North Webster; and Richard W. Ogle, 54, West Street, Roann. Weaver said she was southbound on Harper Road when her low fuel light came on. When she looked down at the light she crossed the center line and struck Ogle’s vehicle. Neither driver reported any injuries. Damages: up to $50,000
- Friday, Jan. 18, 7:25 a.m. Fort Wayne and Lindberg, Warsaw. Drivers: Michael R. Blair, 17, Sheridan Street, Warsaw; and Robert W. Long, 59, East Lakewood Avenue, Warsaw. Blair was northbound on Lindberg Street and said he stopped at the stop sign, but failed to see a vehicle driven by Long approaching from the west on Fort Wayne Street. Damages: up to $5,000
- Friday, Jan. 18, 9:46 p.m. South SR 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Gene A. Garver, 20, North Lake Street, Warsaw; Kirsten D. Heath, 17, Packerton Road, Warsaw; and Metzley I. Fuentes, 19, South SR 15, Warsaw. Fuentes was stopped on SR 15 waiting to make a left turn when Garver’s vehicle collided with Heath’s vehicle, causing a chain reaction crash. Heath complained of neck pain and a passenger in her vehicle, Makita Till, 17, South 100 West, Claypool, also complained of neck pain. Both girls were taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital for treatment. Damages: up to $25,000
Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Jan. 20, 10:13 p.m. Police were called in reference to a suicidal subject.
- Jan. 18. The Car Company reported a vehicle that had two titles issued through the BMV.
- Jan. 18, 1:59 a.m. Cliff Schwartz of Syracuse reported a burglary at his home. Items were reportedly stolen.
- Jan. 18. Dennis Caudill of Warsaw reported on a financial institution.
- Jan. 18, Larry Huffer of Leesburg reported a theft from a vehicle.
- Jan. 18, 11:52 p.m. A Mentone woman reported her husband was making threats to harm himself.
- Jan. 16, Theresa Davenport of Syracuse reported the theft of a trash can.