Officers of the Warsaw Police Department have recently investigated the following incidents:
- Jan. 6, 8:46 p.m. The owners of Los Gordos reported a burglary at 520 E. Winona Ave.
- Jan. 6, 11:07 a.m. Big R reported a theft in progress which was stopped by the manager.
- Jan. 6, 1:30 p.m. A Warsaw woman reported battery by means of strangulation.
- Jan. 4, 12:48 a.m. A Warsaw woman reported domestic battery in the presence of a child less than 16 years of age.
- Jan. 4, 12:54 p.m. A Warsaw man reported a battery after a woman struck him when he spit in her face. The male was arrested for battery with bodily waste. Charges will be completed on the female for battery.
- Jan. 4, 12:48 p.m. Big R reported a theft at 3660 Commerce Dr.
- Jan. 5, 10:39 a.m. Martha Kreigh reported debit card fraud at 3865 Lake City Hwy.
- Jan. 5, 4:19 p.m. Walmart Supercenter reported a theft.
- Jan. 5, 6:22 p.m. Officers responded to a report of an abandoned vehicle at Sheldon Street and Petro Drive.
- Jan. 5, 7:31 p.m. During a traffic stop, an individual was arrested for driving while suspended.
- Jan. 5, 11:18 p.m. Veta Ruggles reported a base board heater stolen at 716 W. Center St.
Officers of the Warsaw Police Department have recently investigated the following traffic accidents:
- Saturday, Jan. 5, 9:42 p.m. East Center Street and Argonne Road. Drivers: Justin Boyle, 18, South County Farm Road, Claypool; and Jessica Burkett, 20, EMS T25 Lane, Leesburg. Boyle turned in front of Burkett’s vehicle and the vehicles collided. Damages: up to $10,000
- Sunday, Jan. 6, 10:21 a.m. South Buffalo Street and West Winona Avenue. Drivers: Karen Nichols, 64, East 200 North, Warsaw; and Angela Mason, 51, Rose Lane, Bourbon. Nichols rear ended Mason’s vehicle. Damages: up to $10,000