Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Jan. 5, 2:15 p.m. A Mentone woman reported a battery.
- Jan. 5, 6:54 p.m. James Buskirk of Claypool reported the theft of a television.
- Jan. 4, 6:54 p.m. David Spolski of Beaver Dam Road, Claypool, reported a forced entry and the theft of items from his home.
- Jan. 4, midnight. Charles R. Stiver of Warsaw reported a cell phone scam.
- Jan. 4, 12:27 p.m. Michael John Stevenson of Warsaw reported he left his bank card at an ATM machine.
- Jan. 4, 3:01 p.m. Timothy Dimmick of Sidney reported the theft of motor vehicle parts and accessories, including two car engines.
- Jan. 4, 5:15 p.m. Douglas Ryman of Claypool reported a burglary at his home.
- Jan. 4, 6:47 p.m. A Warsaw resident came to the department to report being battered by an unknown subject on Armstrong Road.
- Jan. 4, Jerrad D. Jones of Warsaw reported a daytime burglary to his home.
- Jan. 3, 6 a.m. Police were called to Marine Land Gardens in Syracuse where a vehicle was reportedly through the ice.
- Jan. 2, 5:30 p.m. Police were called to investigate a possible case of vicarious sexual gratification involving a victim under the age of 14 years old.
- Jan. 2. A Syracuse man reported his vehicle stolen, but it was a false report.
- Jan. 2, 2:20 p.m. A Cromwell woman reported being harassed. The individual was contacted and both individuals agreed to stop communicating.
- Jan. 2. David Roper of Claypool reported the theft of medications from his resident.
- Jan. 1, 6:19 a.m. Jay Jorgansen, Eli Lilly Road, Syracuse, reported a criminal mischief.
- Jan. 1, 8:34 a.m. Pierceton Woods reported a runaway from the juvenile detention facility.
- Jan. 1, 8 a.m. James A. Priser of Claypool reported a an unknown vehicle slid off of the road and struck his barn, knocking off the foundation.
- Jan. 1, 7:27 a.m. A Warsaw reported reported receiving threatening text messages.
Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following accidents:
- Sunday, Jan. 6, 7:37 p.m. South SR 13, Pierceton. Driver: Dave E. Purvis, 64, West 1000 South, South Whitley. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $5,000
- Sunday, Jan. 6, 8:48 p.m. SR 15 and South 900 south, Silver Lake. Driver: Marlene J. Weller, 76, West SR 14, Silver Lake. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $2,500
- Sunday, Jan. 6, 6:30 p.m. South SR 15 and West 800 South, Claypool. Driver: Jessica E. Grossman, 27, Sophie Lane, Warsaw. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $5,000
- Sunday, Jan. 6, 7:13 p.m. East 450 North and North 475 East, Warsaw. Driver: Cody D. Hensley, 22, North 900 West, Cromwell. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $2,500
- Sunday, Jan. 6, 3:54 a.m. Armstrong Road, Leesburg. Driver: Sarah A. Love, 16, Meadow Lane, Warsaw. Driver lost control on the icy road and struck a utility pole. Love was arrested for OWI. Damages: up to $5,000
- Saturday, Jan. 5, 6:17 p.m. West 100 South, Warsaw. Driver: Trevius A. Smith, 21, South 700 West, Claypool. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $2,500
- Saturday, Jan. 5, 3:55 p.m. South SR 25, Warsaw. Drivers: Donald K. Boyer, 43, SR 25, Mentone; and Kegan D. Obrien, 21, South SR 25, Mentone. Both drivers were rounding a curve on SR 25 and claimed the other was over the center line. The outside mirrors on both vehicles hit. Damages: up to $1,000
- Saturday, Jan. 5, 7:31 a.m. East SR 14 and South Packerton Road, Warsaw. Driver: Thunder L. Apache Olsen, 20, East Main Street, Silver Lake. Driver fell asleep at the wheel causing the vehicle to leave the road and strike several trees. Damages: up to $25,000
- Friday, Jan. 4, 4:58 p.m. U.S. 30 and 200 North, Warsaw. Drivers: Chad E. Nelson, 41, West 950 South, Silver Lake; and Delores I. Plastow, 78, East 200 North, Warsaw. A witness as the scene of the crash stated Nelson drove through a light that had been red for approximately 45 seconds. His vehicle collided with Plastow’s vehicle, which was turning left onto 200 North from the highway. Nelson sustained a nose injury. Plastow complained of neck and chest pain and was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital. Damages: up to $25,000
- Friday, Jan. 4, 4:17 p.m. East 800 North, North Webster. Driver: Maverick S. Bailey, 18, East Fourth Street, Milford. Bailey’s vehicle hit a patch of ice and slid off the road and into an REMC utility pole. Damages: up to $5,000
- Friday, Jan. 4, 7:45 a.m. North 675 East, North Webster. Driver: Jillane M. Francis, 27, Pioneer Way, North Webster. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $2,500
- Thursday, Jan. 3, 5:04 a.m. SR 25 and South 700 West, Burket. Driver: Katelyn M. Sayger, 24, Tucker Street, Mentone. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $2,500