Milford Officer Douses Kitchen Fire

Milford Reserve Deputy A.J. Westerman is being credited with putting out a small fire Saturday at Lakeland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 505 W. Fourth St.

According to Milford Town Marshal Rich Miotto, a call regarding a grease fire in the facility’s kitchen came in at 6:09 p.m. Westerman, the deputy on duty at the time, was the first responder on the scene. He used a fire extinguisher provided by the facility to put it out in advance of the fire department’s arrival.

“We hear he did a great job,” said Miotto. Lakeland Executive Director Crystal Wray said that as a result of Westerman’s quick action, the fire – which occurred after dinner service had concluded – did no damage to the business.

Westerman has been with the Milford department for two years. He is a North Webster resident.



Stacey Page Online Feed Facebook: social networking Twitter Linked in: Professional contact information Google+: Real-life sharing rethought for the web Print Friendly and PDF

Comments are closed.