Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following accidents:
- Tuesday, Nov. 20, 6:49 a.m. West SR 25, Mentone. Driver: Danny J. Amich, 40, West 8th Street, Rochester. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $5,000
- Tuesday, Nov. 20, 7:30 a.m. North SR 13 and East 900 North, Syracuse. Driver: Eldonna M. Warren, 59, Effie Mae Street, North Webster. A deer ran into the side of Warren’s vehicle. Damages: up to $2,500
- Tuesday, Nov. 20, 6:47 a.m. East Old Road 30 and North 450 East, Warsaw. Driver: Karen J. Smith, 53, West 500 North, Columbia City. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $2,500
- Tuesday, Nov. 20, 3:22 p.m. North SR 13 and East 900 North, Syracuse. Drivers: Aaron J. Davis, 17, North Mill Street, North Manchester; and Phyllis A. Grimes, 33, East Armstrong Road, Leesburg. Davis said he reached down to grab money off of the floor of his vehicle and rear-ended Grimes’ vehicle, which was stopped waiting for an oncoming school bus to unload. Damages: up to $10,000
- Monday, Nov. 19, 6:56 p.m. South 1000 West, Mentone. Driver: Billy L. Yeager, 76, South Cherry Street, Akron. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $5,000
Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Nov. 20, 1 a.m. Steven Duff of Mentone reported the theft of his vehicle.
- Nov. 19, 11:05 p.m. Donald Bartley of Claypool reported a breaking and entering at his residence. Missing was a Ruger .22 rifle, ammunition, magazines and miscellaneous video games.
- Nov. 18, 2:04 a.m. An officer made a traffic stop on North Turkey Creek Road, Syracuse, and investigated underage drinking.