Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following accidents:
- Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2:46 a.m. North SR 13 and North Nash Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Elaine S. Laux, 55, North Webster. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $2,500
- Tuesday, Oct. 30, 7:30 a.m. East 100 South and South 325 East, Warsaw. Driver: Sarah E. Miller, 32, South Mary Lafern St., North Webster. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $10,000
- Tuesday, Oct. 30, 6:32 p.m. East Old Rd. 30, Warsaw. Driver: Robin L. Wright, 48, West 750 North, Etna Green. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $5,000
- Monday, Oct. 29, 11 p.m. East 500 North, North Webster. Driver: Andrew L. Gottschalk, 21, Fourth of July Avenue, Syracuse. Gottschalk swerved to miss a deer, drove off the road and struck a tree. The accident was not reported until the following day. Damages: up to $10,000
Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Oct. 29, 8 p.m. Marissa Gerard reported a forced entry into her home on North Buttermilk Drive, Syracuse. A door was kicked in and her Coach purses were stolen.
- Oct. 28, 12:33 a.m. A resident of South 1000 West, Mentone, called to report loud music.
- Oct. 28, 12:54 a.m. James Records reported a fight in progress on North Southshore Drive, Syracuse, and one of the people involved was damaging a vehicle.
- Oct. 28, 1:55 a.m. Lakyn Holcomb reported damage to her vehicle at a location on North Barbee Road, Warsaw.
- Oct. 28, 6:30 a.m. Bridget Ann Pasquale reported the theft of a moped from Fourth of July Avenue, Syracuse.
- Oct. 28, 7:30 a.m. A Pierceton resident reported a missing person.
- Oct. 28, 3:57 a.m. Norman Stutzman of Leesburg reported a battery and criminal mischief.
- Oct. 28, 1:30 a.m. David Kern of Syracuse reported a gun missing from his van.