Trick-or-treating will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 31. Times for towns in Kosciusko County are as follows:
- Atwood— 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Etna Green ―5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Leesburg― 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.*
- Mentone ― 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Milford ― 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.*
- North Webster ― 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Pierceton ― 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Silver Lake ― 6 p.m to 8 p.m.
- Syracuse ― 6 p.m to 8 p.m.
- Warsaw ― 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Winona Lake ― 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Those who wish to accept trick-or-treaters should turn on their porch lights as children and parents are expected to come to the front door of only those houses with lights on. In the same respect, those who do not wish to participate should turn their porch lights off during the times designated for their town.
*Cities and towns marked with an asterisk are times that have been suggested based on previous years and, according to town clerks, are the most likely times, however, times will not be officially set in town meetings until later in the month. Towns with no information accessible yet include Burket and Claypool.
Other Ghostly Events for October:
- Oct. 20 — The Syracuse Community Center is the venue for a free Halloween Carnival being held from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and hosted by Lakeland Youth Center with assistance from the Syracuse-Wawasee Parks Department, Wawasee Kiwanis Club, Wawasee Pee-Wee Football, Syracuse Knights of Columbus, Syracuse Boy Scout Tropp 728 and the Syracuse Parks Department. Carnival games, crafts, hot food concessions and candy, and a costume contest.
- Oct. 25 ― The Syracuse Parks Department will host a haunted house at Veteran’s Memorial at Crosson Mill Park from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. The event continues each night through Oct. 27.
- Oct. 26 ― The city of Warsaw will hosts the annual “Spooktacular” downtown. Costume registration is from 5:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. There will be trick-or-treating with downtown merchants from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. and the costume contest is set for 7:15 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. Center Street from Lake Street to Indiana Street and Buffalo Street from Market Street to Main Street will be closed from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. for the event.
- Oct. 27 ― Downtown Milford will host it’s last hay ride of the month starting at 3 p.m. in front of PNC Bank. The event includes a 50/50 raffle. Entry is one nonperishable food item or $5.
- Oct. 30 ― The Silver Lake Lions Club will host a costume party starting at 6 p.m. at the Silver Lake Lions Building.
- Oct. 31 ― The North Webster Lions Club and boy scouts will continue to host their annual haunted house from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the fairgrounds.
- Oct. 31 ― The North Webster-Tippecanoe Township Fire Department will have it’s annual open house from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Oct. 31 ― Mentone Chamber of Commerce is hosting a costume contest at Mentone Elementary School at 7 p.m.
- All October Long — Soultaker Acres at the Kosciusko County Fairgrounds is open every Friday from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. through Halloween. Entry is $8 with couples and family packages starting at $10.