Thelma Scott of EMS D23 Lane, Syracuse, was taken to Kosciusko Community
Hospital early this morning for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning and her Life Alert system is credited with saving her life.
Milford Fire Department was called around 3 a.m. Tuesday for what was initially a smoke investigation. The department was advised the call came through Life Alert.
When fire fighters arrived, they found Scott’s house was full of smoke. A neighbor who had a key to her residence was able to get the woman out of the home but she was unresponsive. Paramedics were called to treat Scott, who, according to Milford Fire Chief Todd Haines, was becoming responsive by the time she was transported to Kosciusko Community Hospital.
Haines noted the home is heated with a boiler type furnace for baseboard heat and it had malfunction causing carbon monoxide and smoke to fill the home.