Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following accidents:
- Sunday, Oct. 14, 11:54 a.m. East Koher Road, Cromwell. Driver: Travis M. Mrozinski, 17, North Sandpoint Drive, Cromwell. Mrozinski said a cat ran into the roadway and he swerved to miss it, causing him to lose control and struck some trees and a steep embankment. Damages: up to $5,000
- Saturday, Oct. 13, 6:14 p.m. East Wawasee Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Courtney J. Stoliker, 25, East Crooked Mile Road, Cromwell. Driver lost control of the vehicle on the wet road, drove off side of road and rolled over. No injuries. Damages: up to $10,000
- Saturday, Oct. 13, 3 p.m. South SR 15 and West 300 South, Warsaw. Drivers: Lisa J. Federico, 42, West Sycamore Street, Silver Lake; and Debra L. Hutton, 57, Michaels Street, Warsaw. Federico stopped on SR 15 to make a left turn onto CR 300 South. She said Hutton had been following too closely for several miles. Hutton’s truck struck the rear of Federico’s vehicle. Both drivers were taken by ambulance to the hospital. No citations were issued. Damages: up to $25,000
Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Oct. 14, 12:23 p.m. Linda M. Pappas of Warsaw reported an attempted burglary. She found a rear door had been pried on and a storm window was broken.
- Oct. 14, 2:08 a.m. Jo Anna Eccles of Leesburg reported criminal mischief to an ATV.
- Oct. 14, 4:04 a.m. Austin Lamar Mcquiller of Warsaw reported unwanted drugs in his vehicle.
- Oct. 12, 6:45 a.m. A suspect was arrested at 2500 E. Lapoint Dr., Milford, for indecency/fondling genitals in a public place. The suspect was found to be intoxicated.
- Oct. 12, 4:50 p.m. A Warsaw woman reported being the victim of invasion of privacy.
- Oct. 12, 3:46 p.m. Cleo Vanpatten of Milford reported a theft of cash from her purse.
- Oct. 12, 9:47 p.m. A Leesburg woman reported that she was battered by means of strangulation. Shane Senter was arrested for criminal confinement, strangulation and battery resulting in serious bodily injury.
- Oct. 12, 8:45 a.m. Terry R. Likens of Syracuse reported the theft of two ladders from his home.
- Oct. 11, 5:15 p.m. Kody Allen Bevins of Syracuse reported the theft of his wallet.