Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following accidents:
- Tuesday, Oct. 9, 5:14 a.m. North SR 15 and CR 350 North, Warsaw. Driver: Travis M. Shively, 32, North Walnut Street, Etna Green. Driver struck a deer: Damages: up to $10,000
- Tuesday, Oct. 9, 5:51 a.m. South 1000 West and West 600 South, Mentone. Driver: Joseph A. Cook, 24, South SR 19, Mentone. Driver struck a deer. Damages: less than $1,000
- Monday, Oct. 8, 7:18 a.m. U.S. 30, Etna Green. Driver: Leslie K. Hart, 56, East Dellview Drive, Warsaw. Driver struck a deer. Damages: up to $5,000
- Sunday, Oct. 7, 5:20 a.m. North 225 East and Pontiac Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Angela M. Belcher, 40, LaVista Drive, Warsaw. Driver struck a deer. Damages: $2,500
- Friday, Oct. 5, 5:17 p.m. East Armstrong Road, Warsaw. Driver: Kathryn E. Logan, 25, Hepler Drive, Warsaw. Logan lost control of her vehicle coming out of a curve. The vehicle left the road and struck a utility pole. Logan was airlifted from the scene with possible head injuries but was treated and released. Damages: up to $25,000
Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Monday, Oct. 8, 8:25 a.m. Brittney Yoder reported a hit and run to her vehicles and other vehicles had occurred at 7998 W. U.S. 30 and North 800 West.
- Monday, Oct. 8, 4:58 p.m. William Land of North Webster reported the theft of two chain saws over the last three months.
- Monday, Oct. 8, 6:48 p.m. Michelle Goble reported a forced entry to a residence at 5938 W. Kingfisher Dr., Mentone.
- Friday, Oct. 5, 1:32 a.m. A Warsaw woman reported a violation of a child protection order.
- Friday, Oct. 5, 6:30 a.m. Dekko Industries, North Webster, reported the theft of four air conditioning units that had occurred in the overnight hours.
- Friday, Oct. 5, 1 p.m. Justin Pedler of Warsaw reported someone entered into his house on South Lakeshore Driver, ransacked the house and stole 5 guns.
- Thursday, Oct. 4, Michael Migmery of Cromwell reported the theft of a battery from his boat.
- Thursday, Oct. 4, 4:40 p.m. Angela Waddle of Warsaw reported her 10-year-old son was bitten by a neighbor’s dog while the boy played in the neighborhood.