Officers of the Warsaw Police Department have recently investigated the following incidents:
- Sept. 30, 9:21 a.m. Heather Villa, Warsaw, reported an incident at 1511 E. Clark St.
- Oct. 5, 4:24 p.m. Samantha Shell, Warsaw, reported mischief in the form of a damaged window of a storage unit at 707 E. Center St.
- Oct. 6, 3:54 a.m. A battery was reported at 510 E. Center St. Additional charges are being requested against the reporting party and the suspect.
- Oct. 7, 10 a.m. Jose Mendoza, Warsaw, reported an unlawful entry and burglary at 313 S. McKinley St., Warsaw
- Oct. 7, 12:17 p.m. Amanda Justice, Warsaw, reported a forcible entry and burglery at 1003 Smith St..
- Oct. 7, 1:03 p.m. Terra Heisler, Warsaw, reported auto theft at 4306 Kuder Ln. The vehicle was recovered on Oct. 8 on SR. 15.
- Oct. 7, 6:28 p.m. Brian Elliott, Warsaw, reported a theft of his landscaping materials at 746 Brown Dr., Warsaw.
Officers of the Warsaw Police Department have recently investigated the following traffic accidents:
- Sunday, Oct. 7, 12:47 a.m. West Market Street. Driver: Andrew Barfell, 43, 2153 S. 250 West, Warsaw. Barfell struck a parked vehicle while trying to pass another vehicle. Damages: up to $25,000
- Sunday, Oct. 7, 3:21 a.m. U.S. 30. Driver: Elizabeth Cripe, 22, 8478 W. 250 North, Larwill. Cripe reached for her phone on the passenger’s side. The vehicle moved left and Cripe overcompensated, causing the vehicle to spin and went down a steep embankment, coming to a rest on its roof. Damages: up to $25,000
- Friday, Oct. 5, 8:25 p.m. Lake City Highway and Parker Street. Drivers: Betty Smith, 83, 1864 E. Springfield Dr., Warsaw; and Gene Pletcher, 59, 3555 N. SR 5, Larwill. Smith rear ended Pletcher at a red traffic signal. Damages: up to $10,000
- Friday, Oct. 5, 5:53 p.m. 2604 Sheldon St. An unoccupied vehicle, parked in the Wing Etc. parking lot, rolled out of it’s parking space, which was at an incline. It struck the vehicle parallel to it. Damages: up to $2,500
- Friday, Oct. 5, 1777 W. Center St. Drivers: Krzysztof Bodzianowski, 37, 5712 W. Higgins Ave. 1S, Chicago, Ill.; and Nischal Rohatgi, 42, 39 N. Orchard Dr. Apt. 7, Warsaw. Rohatgi was heading north when Bodzianowski backed into his vehicle. Damages: up to $5,000
- Friday, Oct. 5, 9 a.m. 812 N. Detroit St. Drivers: Bobby Griffis, 69, 7743 W. Swick Rd., Claypool; and Carlos Rico, 47, 309 E. Van Buren St., Leesburg. Griffis backed up to avoid hitting another vehicle and struck Rico’s vehicle. Damages: up to $2,500
- Thursday, Oct. 4, 8:54 p.m. North Detroit Street. Driver: unknown, and Alexi Perkins, 18, 6395 W. 100 South, Warsaw. Driver 1 attempted to change lanes and struck Perkin’s vehicle. According to Perkin’s the silver vehicle made no attempt to stop. An incident report will be filed for the hit-skip. Damages: up to $1,000