Syracuse Police recently investigated the following accidents:
- Saturday, 8:50 a.m. Pickwick and SR 13. Driver: Thomas R. Eddingfield, 64, Indianapolis. Eddingfield was stopped at the intersection when a white truck struck the back of his vehicle. He spoke to the driver and both agreed to pull off the side of the road, however the driver of the other vehicle went around Dairy Queen and left the scene. Damages: up to $2,500
- Thursday, 6:05 a.m. East Chicago and South Huntington streets. Driver: Jessica Rodriguez, 19, North CR 900W, Cromwell. Rodriguez was stopped at the intersection and panicked when a semitrailer made a right turn onto East Chicago Street, backing her vehicle and striking a vehicle registered to Karen G. Malone, East Fox Run Road, Syracuse. Damages: up to $5,000
- Tuesday, Sept. 25, 1:25 p.m. CR 1300N and CR 300E. Driver: Thomas F. Rodman, 66, Wolcottville. Rodman stated his semitrailer’s motor locked up and he was unable to make a turn running off the road and hitting a telephone box. Damages: up to $2,500
Officers of the Syracuse Police Department recently made the following arrests:
- Sunday, 8:12 p.m. Tyler J. Niles, 24, Edgewater Avenue, Syracuse, arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Bond: $550. Police were called to Duffy’s, South Huntington Street, Syracuse, for an accident in which the driver fled. Niles was found a short time later.
- Saturday, 10:07 a.m. Matthew Young, 42, Hartman Street, Nappanee, arrested for domestic battery. Bond: $2,000. Police were called to a residence on East Palm Drive.
- Saturday, 3:12 a.m. Brian M. Fry, 32, Division Street, Elkhart, arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Bond: $1,000. He was stopped for a traffic violation.
- Saturday, 1:09 a.m. David M. Vela, 27, East Pittsburg Street, Syracuse, arrested for driving while suspended. Bond: $300. He was seen driving by police, knowing he was suspended.