Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Sept. 24, 11:46 p.m. A rape was reported as a residence on East Lake View Drive in Syracuse. The alleged victim was treated at Kosciusko Community Hospital.
- Sept. 23, 9:16 a.m. Steve Olinger of North Webster reported his wallet stolen.
- Sept. 22, 8:33 a.m. Loose Moose Motorsports, Pierceton, reported an unknown person came to the business and caused damages.
- Sept. 22, 11:15 a.m. Sandon Allen, reported the theft of a vehicle.
- Sept. 22, 1:12 p.m. Brandy Owen of Syracuse reported someone signed her name on a home loan without her permission.
- Sept. 22, 4:48 p.m. Marshall Slone, Claypool, reported a theft from his residence.
Officers of the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department recently investigated the following accidents:
- Monday, Sept. 24, 8:47 p.m. North SR 13, North Webster. Driver: Roger D. Layne, 64, 501 Parker St., Warsaw. Driver hit a deer. Damages: up to $2,500
- Saturday, Sept. 22, 7:47 a.m. 8 Square Road, Warsaw. A vehicle was found wrecked in a bean field with no one around. The vehicle was reported stolen three hours later.
- Saturday, Sept. 22, 5:22 p.m. Driver: Jerry L. Lower, 61, 350 18th Rd., Bourbon. Lower said he fell asleep at the wheel and collided with a utility pole. Damages: up to $5,000