Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following incidents:
- Sept. 21, 1:40 p.m. Amanda Downing, Warsaw, reported a suspicious incident at 322 N. Cook St.
- Sept. 21, 10:17 p.m. David Neff, Warsaw, reported an animal bite at Main Street.
- Sept. 21, 11:16 p.m. A runaway was reported at 500 Wexford Place.
- Sept. 21, 11:30 p.m. A Warsaw woman reported battery resulting in bodily injury at Clinic Street.
- Sept. 22, 2:35 a.m. A Warsaw woman reported domestic battery at N. Lake Street.
- Sept. 22, 5:25 a.m. The Walgreens Pharmacy in Warsaw reported a shoplifting.
- Sept. 22, 8:01 a.m. A Warsaw woman reported domestic battery at Lincoln Drive.
- Sept. 22, 2:05 p.m. Janice Miller, Warsaw, reported a suspicious incident at 519 W. Winona Ave.
- Sept. 22, 3:19 p.m. Diana Yoder, Warsaw, reported a theft at 2501 Walton Blvd.
- Sept. 22, 9:40 p.m. Norfolk Southern reported leaving the scene of a hit and run accident at 499 E. Market and South Hickory streets.
- Sept. 23, 11:49 p.m. The Walmart Supercenter in Warsaw reported a shoplifting.
- Sept. 23, 3:36 p.m. The Warsaw Parks Department reported criminal mischief in the form of damages and defacing of property without consent at 1090 E. Arthur St.
- Sept. 23, 5:44 p.m. The Dollar General in Warsaw reported a shoplifting.
- Sept. 24, 4:30 a.m. A runaway was reported at 907 E. Market Street.
Officers of the Warsaw Police Department recently investigated the following accidents:
- Wednesday, Sept. 19, 7:39 p.m., Lake City Highway and North 150 West. Drivers: Donald Jenkins, 55, 11524 Westwind Dr., Fort Wayne; and Nickie Fugate, 23, 1539 E. Business 30, Columbia City. Jenkins’ vision was affected by the sun and he rear ended Fugate. Damages: up to $2,500
- Friday, Sept. 21, 9:55 p.m., Logan Street. Driver: Todd Smith, 43, 3388 W. 400 N., Warsaw. Smith was struck by two deer on the roadway. Damages: up to $5,000
- Friday, Sept. 21, 4:00 p.m., Walton Boulevard and Jalynn Street. Drivers: Sasha Bolen, 19, 207 E. Sycamore St., Silver Lake; and Ginger Rhamey, 30, 7977 N. Tippecanoe Shores, Tippecanoe. Bolen rear ended Rhamey. Damages: up to $2,500
- Friday, Sept. 21, 5:05 p.m., East Center Street and North Reed Street. Drivers: Paul Elvidge, 18, 108 N. Lindsay St., Claypool; and Cassandra Wilson, 30, 2515 N. 875 West, Etna Green. Elvidge pulled out, without seeing the oncoming traffic due to an obstruction. Wilson tried to swirve to miss, but was unable to and the collision went into the yard of a house. Damages: up to $5,000
- Friday, Sept. 21, 3:13 p.m., 315 N. Detroit St. Drivers: Kylee Brown, 20, 2595 E. Brookfield Circle North, Warsaw; and Donna Wolfe, 39, 2904 Hilltop Circle, Winona Lake. While attempting to back out of the parking lot, Brown collided with the back of Wolfe’s vehicle. Damages: up to $2,500
- Friday, Sept. 21, 9:42 a.m., Anchorage Road and Sunset Drive. Drivers: Marie Glant, 93, 104 Grace Village Dr., Winona Lake; and Raymond Alny, 32, 3014 Wooster Rd., Pierceton. Glant went through the intersection and collided with Alny’s vehicle. Damages: up to $5,000