Paul Harvey Arbaugh, age 92, 1634 S. County Farm Road, Warsaw, Indiana; went home to be with the Lord at 1:05 p.m. Sunday, September 23, 2012 at Millers Merry Manor, Warsaw, Indiana.
He was born on March 21, 1920 in Portland, Indiana to Paul V. Arbaugh and Essie J. (Hines) Arbaugh. On June 18th, 1948 he married Arletha A. Koon in Portland, Indiana.
Paul graduated from Ball State University with a Bachelor’s Degree. He then worked in the Lab and X-Ray Department as a technician at Murphy Medical Center, Warsaw, Indiana. During WWII he served both in the Army & Navy from 1943 until his honorable discharge in 1948. During the liberation of the Philippines from 1943 until 1946 he worked to contain exposure to malaria. For a number of years he worked with Dr. Urshel, Mentone, Indiana as the Lab Technician, he then worked with Millers Merry Manor, Warsaw, Indiana as their Lab Technician. He moved to Charleston, South Carolina for a time, returning to Warsaw where he ran the Laboratory for Dr. Keogh.
He was a past member of the Masonic Lodge, Portland, Indiana and a member of Warsaw Evangelical Presbyterian Church; serving as an Elder, Deacon and three times on the Pulpit Committee. Paul was an avid reader, hunter, fisherman and a great outdoorsman and conservationist.
He will be lovingly remembered by his wife Arletha; two daughters: Susan (husband Steve) Wildman, Haslett, Michigan and Becky (husband Rick) White, Warsaw, Indiana; also, 4 grandchildren & 4 great grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents and one grandson, Jason.
No visitation is planned, there will be a public graveside service at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday September 26, 2012 at Oakwood Cemetery, Warsaw, Indiana; officiated by Pastor Erik Ohman. Those attending are asked to meet at the cemetery. Military rites will be conducted by the American Legion Post #49 and V.F.W. #1126 both of Warsaw, Indiana, as well as active duty members of the military.
Memorial donations in Paul’s name may be made to the Deacon Fund of the Warsaw Evangelical Presbyterian Church, 210 S. High Street, Warsaw, Indiana.